Samsung just launched their Galaxy S22 Plus smartphone, and here is everything you need to know!
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus : What You Need To Know!
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus is the latest iteration of the Samsung Galaxy S family, targeting photography enthusiasts.
Lacking the Galaxy S22 Ultra’s new S Pen, this is the Samsung flagship smartphone for those who don’t need it.
6.6-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus comes with a massive 6.6-inch display, with a Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel.
Its wide colour gamut of 100% DCI-P3, a peak brightness of 1750 nits, and a contrast ratio of 3 million:1 will guarantee the best possible image quality, whether indoors or outdoors.
Gamers will love its high dynamic refresh rate of up to 120 Hz, with a touch sampling rate of up to 240 Hz.
4nm Flagship Mobile Platform
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus is built around the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 mobile SoC, which is fabricated on the latest 4nm Samsung process technology.
Together with a powerful Adreno 730 GPU, it has eight processor cores in a triple-tier architecture :
- a Cortex-X2 prime core running at up to 3 GHz,
- three sustained-performance Cortex-A710 cores running at up to 2.5 GHz, and
- four energy-efficient Cortex-A510 cores running at 1.8 GHz.
Memory + Storage Options
Samsung will be offering just two memory and storage options :
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage
As a Samsung flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S22 Plus comes with a smorgasbord of cameras!
In the front, it has a 10 MP camera, with a wide f/2.2 aperture.
In the back, it has a triple-camera system that consists of :
- a 50 MP Dual Pixel camera, f/1.8 aperture,
- a 12 MP ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, and
- a 10 MP telephoto camera with 3X optical zoom, f/2.4 aperture
Built To Last
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus has a tough Armor Aluminium frame, and is protected in the back and front by the latest Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+.
On top of that, it is IP68-rated against dust and water ingress. That means it can withstand immersion in up to 1.5 metres of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
Battery + Charging
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus comes with a large 4,500 mAh battery, which offers a very long battery life.
On top of that, it can support wired charging at up to 45 watts, with wireless charging supported at up to 15 watts.
It also supports Wireless PowerShare, allowing you to recharge other smartphones and wearables like the Galaxy Buds2.
The only downside – Samsung is not providing the 45 watt charger in-the-box.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus : Specifications
|Specifications||Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus|
|Display||6.6-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display
– 120 Hz dynamic refresh rate
– 240 Hz touch sampling (Game Mode)
– 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
– 1750 nits peak brightness
– 3 million:1 contrast ratio
|Protection||Armor Aluminium + Gorilla Glass Victus+|
|OS||One UI 4.1 (Android 12)|
|Platform||Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1|
|CPU||1 x Arm Cortex-X2 core (3.0 GHz)
3 x Arm Cortex-A710 cores (2.5 GHz)
4 x Arm Cortex-A510 cores (1.8 GHz)
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 730|
|8 GB RAM + 128 / 256 GB storage|
|Front Camera||10 MP camera, f/2.2|
|Main Cameras||50 MP Dual Pixel camera, f/1.8
12 MP ultra-wide camera, f/2.2
10 MP 3x zoom camera, f/2.4
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi : Up to Wi-Fi 6E
Bluetooth : BT 5.2
USB : USB Type C
|Fingerprint Sensor||Yes, Under Display|
|Other Sensors||Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope,
Geomagnetic, Hall, Light, Proximity
|GPS||GPS, Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, QZSS|
|Battery||4,500 mAh Li-Po battery|
|Charging||45 watt wired charging
15 watt wireless charging
|Dimensions||75.8 mm wide
157.4 mm tall
7.6 mm thick
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus : Price + Availability
Samsung is offering the Galaxy S22 Plus in four colour options – Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Green and Pink Gold.
I had the opportunity to attend an exclusive Samsung preview event, to check out the colours for ourselves.
Note : Samsung only allowed us to use digital cameras, so the video is not stabilised as it would be with smartphones that I generally use.
Here in Malaysia, it is available starting 10 February 2022 in two variants, at these price points :
- 8 GB + 128 GB : RM 4,099 (about US$979 / £722 / A$1,363 / S$1,315)
- 8 GB + 256 GB : RM 4,299 (about US$1,027 / £758 / A$1,429 / S$1,379)
You can now pre-order the 8 GB + 256 GB model from 10 February until 3 March 2022, to receive these freebies!
- Samsung eVoucher worth RM800
- Galaxy S22 Plus Silicone Cover with Strap worth RM 169
- Galaxy Lucky Box (with wide strap) worth RM 79
- Camera Filter Mount worth RM 169
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S22 : What You Need To Know!
- Why You Should Buy The Galaxy Tab A8 For Your Family!
- Did China Give This AWESOME Olympics 2022 Gift B
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 : What You Need To Know!