The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (SM-A530F) Smartphone Review

Spread the love

The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 Work & Gaming Performance, Battery Life & Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the 2018 Samsung Galaxy A8’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 PCMark score

Work 2.0 ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro Samsung Galaxy S8 Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 ASUS ZenFone 4 Max Pro
Performance Score
(Average)
5656 5303 5197 3846
Web Browsing 5708 5155 5035 4371
Video Editing 5888 4998 4433 3716
Writing 4509 5158 5607 2822
Photo Editing 10698 7082 7238 6671
Data Manipulation 3570 4458 4183 2753
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
 Price Check Review
Price Check

The Samsung Exynos 7885-powered Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (Price Check) was just 2% slower than the Samsung Galaxy S8, that runs on the faster Samsung Exynos 8895.

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the 2018 Galaxy A8’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 battery life

Work 2.0 ASUS ZenFone 4 Max Pro Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 Samsung Galaxy S8 ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro
Battery Life 14 hours 19 mins 12 hours 19 mins 10 hours 32 mins 8 hours 41 mins
  Review
Price Check
 Price Check Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

This is amazing performance! The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (Price Check) lasted almost 2 hours longer than the Galaxy S8, and 3.5 hours longer than the ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro. Only the ZenFone 4 Max Pro lasted longer – by exactly 2 hours.

[adrotate group=”1″]

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 15 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged the 3,000 mAh battery.

Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 battery recharging speed

It only took the Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (Price Check) just over 86 minutes (1 hour 26 minutes) to recharge its battery from 17% to 100%. That is a battery life : recharging ratio of 8.6 : 1 – a truly amazing performance.

The Galaxy A8 2018 recharged fastest in the first 85%, taking only 54 minutes. Its recharging speed slowed them for the remaining 15%, taking an additional 32 minutes.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the 2018 Galaxy A8’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 3DMark benchmark results

Ice Storm Unlimited Samsung Galaxy S8 Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro ASUS ZenFone 4 Max Pro
Gaming Score 29509 14684 14015 9751
Graphics 33279 15201 13470 9609
Physics 21130 13121 16328 10285
Graphics Test 1 173.1 fps 134.4 fps 80.7 fps 55.1 fps
Graphics Test 2 124.3 fps 43.8 fps 46.0 fps 33.6 fps
Physics Test 67.1 fps 41.7 fps 51.8 fps 32.7 fps
Review
Price Check
 Price Check Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (Price Check) is not a gaming powerhouse like the Galaxy S8, but it has more than decent performance, coming in a little faster than the Snapdragon 625-powered ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro. It was 50% faster than the Snapdragon 430-powered ZenFone 4 Max Pro.

Next Page > Overall Performance, Our Verdict & Award

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


About The Author

3 Comments

  1. Pingback: Daily Roundup: 2017-12-26 - Bjorn3D.com

  2. Pingback: Daily Roundup: 2017-12-27 - Bjorn3D.com

  3. Pingback: Daily Roundup: 2018-01-03 - Bjorn3D.com

Leave a Reply