Page 3 : AMD Radeon RX 480 Performance In 3DMark - 1080p, 1440p, 2160p
Our Test Bed
Our graphics benchmarking test bed has the following specifications :
3DMark (1920 x 1080)
We started testing the graphics cards using 3DMark at the most common gaming resolution – 1920 x 1080.
The AMD Radeon RX 480‘s 3DMark score for full HD gaming was very impressive. It was, on average, about 38% faster than the Radeon R9 380! In fact, the Radeon RX 480’s pure graphics score was 41% higher than the Radeon R9 380.
3DMark (2560 x 1440)
Then we took 3DMark up a notch to the resolution of 2560 x 1440. According to AMD, this is the sweet spot for the Radeon RX 480. Let’s take a look!
The Radeon RX 480 continued to maintain its performance lead of about 38% over the Radeon R9 380.
These are hardly playable frame rates but it is impressive to note how much the Radeon RX 480 is trouncing the Radeon R9 380.
3DMark (3840 x 2160)
In the 4K graphics test, the Radeon RX 480’s performance lead over the Radeon R9 380 slipped a little to about 34%.
There is no doubt that the Radeon RX 480 is ill-suited for 4K gaming. Still, this is VERY impressive performance, considering the fact that it consumes 20% less power than the Radeon R9 380!
Support Tech ARP!
- 1. Page 1 : AMD Radeon RX 480 - Hands-On & Up Close
- 2. Page 2 : AMD Radeon RX 480 - Size, Thermal Output, Noise Levels
- 3. Page 3 : AMD Radeon RX 480 Performance In 3DMark - 1080p, 1440p, 2160p
- 4. Page 4 : AMD Radeon RX 480 Gaming Performance - Fallout 4 & Witcher 3
- 5. Page 5 : AMD Radeon RX 480 - Our Initial Verdict, Award, More Information