To commemorate Malaysia’s 60th National Day, Panasonic Malaysia partnered with the HATCH YouTube channel to present “HACTION! Shot on Lumix GH5” – a short film competition that brings together six Malaysian filmmakers to relive the journey of Malaysia’s achievements and national pride over the last six decades.
6 Decades, 6 Stories, 6 Filmmakers
With over 60 years of achievements, Malaysia has grown to be a worldwide example that showcases ethnic diversity, multiculturalism, and home to varied cuisines, culture and languages. To celebrate Malaysia’s 60thIndependence, HACTION! brings together six Malaysian filmmakers to capture Malaysia’s best moments through the lenses of their cameras.
Mr. Muto shared, “The digital camera has revolutionized photography, making it accessible to more people and creating more talents. As the industry reinvents progressively, mirrorless cameras is now a growing trend in Malaysia, with video production gaining its popularity and the standard for cinematography is getting higher as well. We saw this partnership as a good platform to nurture our local filmmakers in creating visually and engaging stories, while showcasing the capabilities of the LUMIX GH5 (Lowest Price).”
HACTION! shortlisted filmmakers representing different styles and genres where most of the works produced have been recognised from local and international industry leaders.
The panel of judges were made up of well-known industry thought leaders, like Ahmad Izham Omar, CEO of Primeworks Studios, Mr. Hiroyuki Muto, Deputy Managing Director of Panasonic Malaysia, and Low Ngai Yuen, renowned film director and actress as the guest judge.
Each short film was judged based on 70% of judges’ vote including storytelling, editing and post production, and cinematography. The remaining 30% were contributed by public voting which was opened from 1-21 August 2017.[adrotate group=”1″]
Shot Entirely On LUMIX GH5
Each filmmaker were tasked to produce a maximum of 5-minutes video that highlights the beauty of Malaysia and the six decades of unity, peace and harmony. All six filmmakers were equipped with a Panasonic LUMIX GH5 (Lowest Price) for audio and visual recording, a fund of RM4,000 for production and 30-days to complete the filming and submission of their short film.
Mr. Hiroyuki Muto, Deputy Managing Director of Panasonic Malaysia said, “With over 40 years of local presence in Malaysia, Panasonic is committed to the development of innovative digital cameras to provide a new photo culture in the digital era. Our partnership with Media Prima is a significant platform to be part of the journey in celebrating Malaysia’s 60th National Day by helping to develop local filmmakers and content creators, providing them with the opportunity to showcase the quality of Malaysian original content, powered by LUMIX GH5”.
Through this partnership, Panasonic is confident it will help to strengthen the brand’s presence in the digital single lens mirrorless cameras (DSLM) market and appeal to the wider millennial audiences.
Go Back To > Photography + Videography | Home