Synology have released an update with several important enhancements for the DSM 6.0. It is available for download on your DSM: Control Panel > Update & Restore. It is always recommended that you install the latest update to obtain an even smoother user experience. Should you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact their expert support team.
If you haven’t upgraded to DSM 6.0.1-7393, it can be found at our Download Center
Please skip this message if your Synology NAS is not DSM 6.0 compatible or if you have already installed the latest update.
- Improved system stability when Synology NAS serves as a VPN server.
- Fixed several security vulnerabilities regarding NTP module (CVE-2016-4957, CVE-2016-4953, CVE-2016-4954, CVE-2016-4955, and CVE-2016-4956).
- Fixed an issue where DSM user interface might become unresponsive under normal operation.
- Fixed an issue where shared links created by LDAP users in DSM 5.2 might be unavailable after upgrading to DSM 6.0.
- Fixed an issue where folders cannot be uploaded to File Station.
- Fixed an issue where encrypted replication tasks cannot be resumed or completed when the sync process has been interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where log files could not be rotated on the passive server in the HA cluster, which could cause the upgrade failure on the passive server.
- Enhanced the process of shared folder encryption.