Overkill Software is giving away Payday 2 on Steam!
Payday 2 is a cooperative first-person shooter game that was released in 2013. It allows players to take part in criminal activities like bank robberies, drug trafficking runs, election rigging, and even stealing nuclear warheads!
Okay, this is not a game you will want your kids to play, but hey, it’s FREE! But you have to hurry, because they’re only giving away 5 million copies of Payday 2!
Free?! What’s The Catch?
It is yours to download and play, forever and ever, and you need not pay Overkill Software or Steam a single cent.
You will, of course, need to download and use Steam for PC to download and play it.
Other than that – there is really no catch. It’s a great deal!
About Payday 2
Payday 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington DC for an epic crime spree.
Up to four friends co-operate on the hits, and as the crew progresses the jobs become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming a legendary criminal comes a new character customization and crafting system that lets crews build and customize their own guns and gear.
- Rob Banks, Get Paid – Players must choose their crew carefully, because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.
- CRIMENET – The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such as Vlad the Ukrainian, shady politician “The Elephant”, and South American drug trafficker Hector, all with their own agenda and best interests in mind.
- PAYDAY Gun Play and Mechanics on a New Level – Firing weapons and zip tying civilians never felt so good.
- Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice. Every single scenario has random geometry or even rare events.
- Choose Your Skills – As players progress they can invest in any of five special Skill Trees: Mastermind, Enforcer, Ghost, Technician and Fugitive. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master, and they can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate heister.
- More Masks than Ever – PAYDAY 2 features a completely new mask system, giving players the ability to craft their own unique mask together with a pattern and a color combination, resulting in millions of different combinations.
- Weapons and Modifications – A brand new arsenal for the serious heister, covering everything from sniper and assault rifles to compact PDWs and SMGs. Once you’ve settled for a favorite, you can modify it with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames, stocks and more, all of which will affect the performance of your weapon. There are also purely aesthetic enhancements – why not go for the drug lord look with polished walnut grips for your nine?
- Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches, such as slow and stealthy ambushes, to running in guns blazing. Hit the target any way you want, and watch as the heist unfolds accordingly.