9 June 2016 – Lenovo concluded a successful Tech World 2016, where more than 1,300 people, including fans, media, industry influencers and analysts gathered in Silicon Valley. Kick-starting the event was Lenovo’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Yang Yuanqing, who shared a future that’s shaped by 5 developing themes that will change the way people interact with technology. Lenovo went on to demonstrate just such a future with the launch of several breakthrough products and concepts.
Elaborating more on the Moto announcements, Tango, and the future of data centres were the following distinguished guests:
- Brian Krzanich, Chief Executive Officer, Intel
- Johnny Lee, Engineering Director, Google
- Seang Chau, Senior Vice President, Software Engineering, Motorola
- Pradeep Sindhu, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Juniper
The devices are powered by Tango technology – a set of sensors and software from Google that senses and maps its surroundings – a host of cutting-edge smartphone augmented reality (AR) experiences is now possible.
Transforming Smartphones with a Snap
Combination of the new Moto Z – the world’s thinnest premium smartphone made from military aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel, and Moto Mods – the next era of mobile technology.
Transform your Moto Z into exactly what you need it to be with:
- JBL SoundBoost
- Moto Insta-Share
- The Power Pack
Keynotes and Announcements
- 1. People to devices through natural interfaces – like using voice interaction, iris scanning, or writing with a pen on real paper, to communicate with your device.
- Devices to each other so that they can seamlessly work together on the same cloud service platform, to create a holistic experience, such as connecting household appliances together to intelligently manage the right home environment.
- Devices to the network, to ensure customers can always be seamlessly connected anywhere, anytime, at either the lowest fees or the highest speed – at your choice. In fact, this is what Lenovo’s MVNO business wants to achieve.
- Your device to your personal data, so you can not only easily retrieve your data, but the devices will also know your preferences to serve you better.
- Devices with apps and services to create one-stop experience for all your needs.
New Software Defined Storage Solutions and Next-Generation SAN
- StorSelect, a new and innovative Software Defined Storage (SDS) appliance programme with the Lenovo StorageDX8200N and DX8200C offerings.
- Lenovo-branded mid-range storage systems – new V-Series family of 12GB SANs. The V3700 V2 and V5030 are flexible hybrid and all-flash SAN solutions that help clients confidently and affordably scale their IT operations to improve storage economics in their organizations. The Lenovo V Series family will begin shipping worldwide in June 2016.