May 25, 2017 – Kingston today announced the Kingston KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD. Shipping in mid-June, the M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD is over 2x faster than SATA-based SSDs and over 40x faster than a 7200RPM hard disk drive.
The Kingston KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD
The Kingston KC1000 is built for the power user, providing the ultimate, low-latency performance boost for resource-demanding applications including high-resolution video editing, data visualization, gaming and other data intensive workload environments where traditional storage solutions are unable to keep pace with data demand.
The demands of today’s performance power users are constantly being put to the test as new data-intensive applications push the boundaries of what can be achieved with even the market’s high performance professional workstations and most powerful gaming rigs.
The KC1000 is the perfect solution to meet the needs of media and design professionals, gaming enthusiasts and anyone who needs ultra-low latency storage performance to end data bottlenecks.
This native NVMe device offers one of the industry’s most powerful storage solutions for high-resolution content delivery, virtual reality applications, accelerated game play or a competitive edge for the creative professional on tight deadlines.
The Kingston KC1000 delivers up to 290,000 IOPS and will ship in mid-June in 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities. The high-performance SSD supports the PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and the latest NVMe protocol.[adrotate banner=”4″]
The Kingston KC1000 provides accelerated boot and load speeds and increases sequential read/write performance, as well as offering improved endurance and energy efficiency. It is perfect for users seeking instant, breakthrough performance improvements for:
- High-resolution video editing
- Virtual and augmented reality applications
- CAD software applications
- Streaming media
- Graphically intensive video games
- Data visualization
- Real-time analytics
The KC1000 is backed by a limited five-year warranty and legendary Kingston support.
Kingston KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD Features and Specifications
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 Lanes
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Phison PS5007-E7
- NAND: MLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 240GB: up to 2700/900MB/s
- 480GB, 960GB: up to 2700/1600MB/s
- Maximum 4K Read/Write:
- 240GB: up to 225,000/190,000 IOPS
- 480GB, 960GB: up to 290,000/190,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Read/ Write:
- 240GB, 480GB: up to 190,000/160,000 IOPS
- 960GB: up to 190,000/165,000 IOPS
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score: 150,000
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 240GB: 300TB and .70 DWPD
- 480GB: 550TB and .64 DWPD
- 960GB: 1PB and .58 DWPD
- Power Consumption: .11W Idle / .99W Avg / 4.95W (MAX) Read / 7.40W (MAX) write
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2)
- 180.98mm x 120.96mm x 21.59mm (with HHHL AIC – standard bracket) 181.29mm x 80.14mm x 23.40mm (with HHHL AIC – low-profile bracket)
- 10g (M.2)
- 76g (with HHHL AIC – standard bracket)
- 69g (with HHHL AIC – low-profile bracket)
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (20-1000Hz)
- MTBF: 2,000,000
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support