Huawei just announced their 2018 H1 business results. Let’s take a quick look at the Huawei 2018 H1 result highlights, and their recent success story of beating Apple to the no. 2 position!
Huawei Is No. 2 Smartphone Vendor
Just last week, Huawei proudly shared that preliminary data from IDC showed that they edged out Apple for the second position in the global market share for smartphones in Q2 2018. This is the first time they surpassed Apple in the number of smartphones sold in a particular quarter.
Powering their rise was the HUAWEI P20 series, followed by the release of their GPU Turbo technology. Their Honor brand of smartphones is also a key driver of growth for Huawei.
Huawei 2018 H1 Result Highlights
Huawei reported solid growth, with global smartphone shipments at 95+ million units, gaining a 15.8% market share as of Q2 2018. Here are the Huawei 2018 H1 results highlights – what led to their success in the first half of the year :
- HUAWEI P20 Series : The global shipment of the HUAWEI P20 series surpassed 9 million units.
- HUAWEI Mate 10 Series : The HUAWEI Mate 10 Series reported global shipments of over 10 million units.
- HUAWEI nova Series : Globally, the number of nova smartphone users exceeded 50 million, with total shipments increasing 60 percent year-over-year.
- Huawei Wearables : Global shipments increased 147 percent year-over-year.
- Retail business has grown and now Huawei operates over 53,000 Huawei stores and 3,500 Huawei Experience Stores globally. The company plans to bolster its retail network by adding another 10,000 retail stores and 700 Experience Stores around the world before the end of 2018.
- HUAWEI P20 Pro Recalled After Shipping With Real ROM!
- HUAWEI P20 Pro Twilight Edition Hands-On Preview!
- Huawei P20, P20 Pro + P20 Lite Smartphones Revealed!
- HUAWEI nova 3e Price, Specifications & Tech Briefing
- Huawei P20 Pro + P20 Smartphone Launch Event
- MWC 2018 : HUAWEI Shows Off MediaPad M5, MateBook X Pro + 5G CPE
- How Fast Is The Huawei Kirin 970 NPU?
- The HUAWEI Kirin 970 Deep Dive Tech Report
Go Back To > Enterprise + Business | Home