7 June 2016 – Dell today announced performance and capability updates to its 13th generation PowerEdge four-socket server portfolio, engineered for enterprise customers with large scale server deployments to solutions requirements for remote and branch offices. Designed to optimize performance for big data and real-time analytics and dense virtualization deployments the updated PowerEdge servers enable the flexibility, scalability and manageability of customers’ demand for the future-ready enterprise.
“Customers today are looking for highly virtualized data centers that can easily manage evolving workloads; this coupled with a growing demand for big data analytics will drive the growth of the four-socket server market.” said William Tan, head of Enterprise Solutions, Dell Malaysia. “Dell’s customer-inspired four-socket servers are designed to offer world-class performance that accelerate core enterprise application performance while increasing density and workload consolidation.”
Drive faster business results with the Dell PowerEdge R930
Shipping today and utilizing the power and unique hardware-enhanced capabilities of the new Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 v4 family like Intel Run Sure Technology, the Dell PowerEdge R930 server helps customers quickly deploy database intensive applications, easily scale up and better manage infrastructure and mission-critical workload delivery.
The PowerEdge R930 enables customers :
- Industry-leading in-memory database performance: The Dell PowerEdge R930 with Intel Xeon E7-8890 V4 processors recently set three new world-record benchmarks:
- A world-record result on the standard benchmark for the SAP HANA platform, SAP BW advanced mixed load (BW-AML) with 2 billion records. This new record is a 24.77 percent improvement over the previous 4-socket world record, which was set by the Dell PowerEdge R930 with E7v3 processors
- A world-record result on the standard benchmark for SAP HANA platform, SAP BW advanced mixed load (BW-AML) with 4 billion records. This new world record is a 23.06 percent improvement over the previous 4-socket world record, which was set by the Dell PowerEdge R930 with E7v3 processors
- A new world record result on the SAP sales and distribution (SD) standard application benchmark. This new world record is a 33.09 percent increase over the previous 4-socket world record, which was set by the Dell PowerEdge R930 with E7v3 processors
- Optimized data base performance: The PowerEdge R930 with MSFT SQL Server 2016, as well as its built-in high performing data warehouse, have processing power required for virtualization and memory-intensive application workloads for database. PowerEdge R930 with the Dell Compellent SC9000 All Flash Array, MS SQL Server 2016 data-warehousing and Emulex’s latest fiber channel 16G Gen 6 delivered 99.4 percent greater storage throughput and 44% faster IOPs than the legacy Emulex 8G Gen 5 fiber channel solution
Greater flexibility and scalability with the new Dell PowerEdge R830
PowerEdge R830 is a foundational four-socket rack server designed for database applications, scale-out virtualization and VDI environments. With a 2U rack server form factor it is ideal for mainstream and mid-market customers standardized on a rack form factor. The Dell PowerEdge four-socket server portfolio is now the company’s most comprehensive with the addition of the PowerEdge R830 featuring Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v4 product family.
With four processors and up to 48 DIMMS the PowerEdge R830 provides:
- An optimum combination of scalability, flexibility and density for both scale-out virtualization deployments as well as VDI deployments
- A great balance across compute, memory and overall cost for customers running computational or transactional Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases standardized on rack form factors
This four-socket extension of the Intel Xeon processor E5 family gives customers more options and greater flexibility for scaling their infrastructure and growing business in a hardware-enhanced security environment.
Dell PowerEdge modular four-socket servers
Dell’s four-socket server portfolio is engineered to provide customers with platform choice to best support their data center density, scalability, manageability and flexibility needs. In addition to the PowerEdge R930 and R830 rack servers, Dell is updating its PowerEdge FX2 and PowerEdge M1000e converged platforms with the PowerEdge FC830 and the PowerEdge M830 blade servers featuring the Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v4 family.
The PowerEdge FC830 is a full-width, four-socket compute node for the PowerEdge FX architecture that helps organizations quickly configure complete workloads using modular building blocks of IT resources. This converged platform provides twice the four-socket density of any solution in the industry, making it ideal for Oracle RAC or dense four-socket deployments .
The PowerEdge M830 blade server is a full-height, four-socket blade server that offers maximized data-center consolidation delivering vast amounts of compute.
The PowerEdge R930, 4S/4U rack server is available today, with the Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 v4 family. The PowerEdge R830 rack server and PowerEdge FC830 and M830 blade servers will be aligned to Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v4 availability later in June.