Kuala Lumpur, Feb. 4, 2016 – Dell today announced that its newest Identity and Access Management solution, Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords, is available in Malaysia through Dell Security channel partners.
Dell Security is helping partners identify a significant customer opportunity by complementing and expanding their current network security portfolio so organizations of all sizes, especially small- and medium-sized businesses, get access to a complete suite of security solutions from one source. This is a natural extension of channel partners’ security portfolio, as it can help further secure Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) by locking down the privileged passwords associated with them.
This is the first time Dell Security has offered an identity and access management solution through its channel partners at the initial product launch, further establishing a partner-led selling model across Dell Security solutions. It’s also the first of many strategic announcements planned from Dell Security in the coming months to build out the connected security ecosystem.
Managing privileged passwords is often time-consuming and cumbersome, and can lead to a security breach if done incorrectly. With a user-friendly interface, Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords goes beyond other industry offerings to deliver a simple installation and administration process through an unmatched, pre-hardened appliance that provides locked-down support to protect organizations from risk during installation and ongoing operation.
This interface soon will become the single console for managing all Dell privileged management solutions, enabling simple, effective administration and reporting on privileged access to maximize productivity and accelerate ROI.
Control and secure privileged accounts, alleviate risks, and ease overall management
Small and medium-sized businesses that need identity and access management solutions to complement and strengthen their security postures now can add Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords to the best-in-class network security offerings available through Dell Security channel partners. It includes the following new features:
- Automates and secures the process of granting administrators the credentials necessary to perform their duties. Ensures that when administrators require elevated access for shared and privileged credentials, it’s granted according to established policy.
- Simplifies installation and administration with a user-friendly interface for managing privileged accounts that enables users to securely gain access to the credential they need from almost any device, anywhere.
- Provides a single, modular architecture that soon will serve as the launching point for all Dell privileged management solutions, including session management and monitoring, delegation, and AD bridging.
- Includes numerous self-protection features at the hardware, system software, and application software layers that lock down access to the solution, making it resistant to attacks while simplifying installation and ongoing management.
- Increases security
- Satisfies audit demands by eliminating the sharing of privileged accounts
- Increases IT efficiency and decreases privileged user frustration by streamlining access
- Delivers individual accountability for shared account access
- Deploys easily as a secure, scalable, purpose-built appliance
- Reduces the effort in providing access reports for your next audit
Intuitive user interface — Designed to support business goals and maximize productivity, Safeguard’s intuitive multi-device interface accelerates user adoption and simplifies privilegedaccount management.
Secure appliance — Safeguard is delivered as a secure-hardened appliance that can only be accessed via a secure, role-based web interface, which eliminates concern about — and reduces effort — installing and securing access to the software itself. Because it does not have a console port or a console-level interface, it is protected from host-admin attacks, as well as database, OS or other systemlevel modifications. Its internal firewall protects against external-networkbased attacks and provides additional auditing capabilities.
Change control — Supports configurable, granular change control of shared credentials, including time-based, last-use-based, and manual or forced change.
Favorites — Quickly access passwords that you use most-often use from the Favorites function on the login screen.
Secure password storage — Encrypts all stored privileged account passwords using AES 256-bit encryption. The appliance also includes full-disk encryption using BitLocker™ Drive Encryption.
Robust target support — Manages shared credentials on a wide range of target servers, network devices and applications.
Responsive Design — Supports password request, approval and retrieval via handheld devices.
Multilanguage support — Administrator interface supports localization through available language packs.
RBAC — Numerous admin-level roles enable granular delegation and workflows along with leastprivileged access.
Enterprise-ready integration — With several integration points, you can leverage existing investments.
Active Directory — Intelligent algorithms enable synchronization with Active Directory.
RESTful API — Quick and easy integration with most application development languages.
SIEM — All activities are outputted via syslog so they can easily be interpreted and alerted on by SIEM solutions.