SUNNYVALE, California – 6 December 2017 – In a surprise move, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that they are working with Qualcomm Technologies (NASDAQ: QCOM) to deliver always-connected mobile devices powered by the AMD Ryzen Mobile processors, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon LTE modem.
AMD And Qualcomm To Deliver Always Connected Ryzen Mobile Devices!
The AMD Ryzen Mobile APUs are the world’s fastest CPU with integrated AMD Radeon Vega graphics, designed to power ultrathin notebooks. With the Qualcomm Snapdragon LTE modem built-in, AMD and Qualcomm Technologies will make it easy for PC companies to create premium devices that are always connected with Gigabit LTE speeds.
“Both AMD and Qualcomm have shown a consistent commitment to delivering products that redefine next-generation mobile user experiences,” said Kevin Lensing, corporate vice president and general manager, client computing, AMD. “OEMs around the world will now be able to combine the recently announced AMD Ryzen mobile processors with Qualcomm Technologies’ leading wireless solutions via their Snapdragon LTE modem family to achieve new levels of performance, connectivity and capability for ultrathin notebook PCs.”
“Qualcomm Technologies believes the Always Connected PC is the future of personal computing, and we are working with AMD to bring each company’s expertise to bear for these exciting products,” said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager, mobile, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Combining AMD processors with our cutting-edge LTE connectivity technology results in Always Connected Client Notebooks for consumers in a mobile-first future.”
AMD Ryzen Mobile With Radeon Vega Graphics Primer
– Leadership performance: Featuring the World’s fastest processor for ultrathin notebooks, AMD Ryzen mobile processor provides unprecedented performance up to 2.7X the CPU performance and up to 2.2X the GPU performance generationally
– Complete entertainment experience: Outstanding gaming in popular eSports titles & ready to power the most advanced & beautiful displays including HDR, Radeon FreeSync 2, and 4K monitors
– Focused on amazing battery life: Targeting up to a 2X battery life improvement generationally
Qualcomm Snapdragon LTTE Modem Primer
– Support some of the latest wireless network technologies
– Blazing-fast LTE download speeds
– Superior speeds in weak signal conditions
– Long battery life
- All You Need To Know About The AMD Ryzen Mobile APUs!
- The World’s First AMD Ryzen Mobile Notebooks Revealed!
- Everything On The Intel CPU With Radeon Graphics!