June 1, 2017: Acronis today announced the latest release of Acronis Backup 12.5. The new Acronis Backup 12.5 comes in two editions: Standard and Advanced, with an easy in-place upgrade.
Acronis Backup 12.5 allows businesses to start small with Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard edition and scale to Acronis Backup 12.5 Advanced when necessary, simply by changing license keys. This also gives Acronis partners the flexibility to meet the needs of small and large businesses with the same product.
Acronis Backup 12.5 also brings down the cost down by as much as 30 percent, compared to its competitors.
New Features in Acronis Backup 12.5 Advanced edition
Building upon the existing ease of use, reliability, and new hybrid cloud architecture of Acronis Backup 12, the new advanced functionality creates a powerful, feature-rich solution that supports more than 20 platforms.
These include Windows, Office 365, Azure, Linux, Mac OS X, Oracle, VMWare, Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM, Citrix XenServer, iOS and Android:
- Unified web interface for the entire infrastructure
- Admin roles and delegations for distributed infrastructures
- Support for six hypervisors to provide migration platform options
- Bare-metal recovery automation and remote boot media control to reduce RTO of remote site recovery
- SAN storage snapshots to reduce hypervisor resource utilization
- Oracle backup and granular recovery
- Advanced tape support for increased granularity and simplified management
- Advanced reporting for detailed insights and corporate compliance
- Disaster recovery capability for emergency data recovery locally and in the cloud
- Backup validation process ensures recoverability
- Acronis Notary to ensure the authenticity of data
New Features in both Standard and Advanced editions
Businesses of all sizes will benefit from more than 170 advancements common to both editions, addressing today’s hybrid cloud environment and setting Acronis apart from the competition. Highlights include:
- Customizable dashboards for quick insights into the backup infrastructure
- Acronis Active Protection to stop ransomware attacks
- Acronis Instant Restore for 15-second RTOs
- Acronis vmFlashback for quick incremental recovery of virtual machines
A New Generation of Data Protection
More than 500 Acronis engineers globally are engaged in the innovation and development of Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard and Advanced editions. As a result, Acronis added private and public cloud support for backing up and migrating workloads as well as reliable cloud storage.
The release delivers the industry’s first and only data protection against ransomware with automated restoration of damaged data.[adrotate group=”2″]
Acronis Backup 12.5 also introduces new technology that enables users to verify the backup integrity before its restoration, improving regulatory compliance and data integrity with blockchain.
- Backup of Amazon EC2 instances, Microsoft Azure VMs and Office 365 mailboxes
- Acronis Active Protection to intelligently detect and block ransomware attacks, such as WannaCry, with instant restoration of any compromised data
- Acronis Notary to prove a file is authentic and unchanged since it was backed up