A Quick Wrap, Verdict + Award
Xiaomi Redmi 9T : A Quick Wrap
When we first received the Xiaomi Redmi 9T, we didn’t think much of it. But after a few weeks of trying it out, we came away pretty impressed with a few aspects.
But we also had some concerns, so let’s do a quick wrap…
Fantastic Battery Life
The Xiaomi Redmi 9T has seriously great battery life. This is a smartphone you can count on for a full day’s work without a power bank.
We have actually gone 2 days without recharging, so most users will probably never have battery anxiety with this phone!
Nice Large Display
The large 6.53-inch IPS display is pretty nice, especially at this price point. You would expect a 720p display without protection, but no, this is a Full HD+ panel with Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
It is not particularly bright though, with 400 nits of maximum brightness. So don’t be disappointed if it appears a little washed out in bright sunlight.
There are a couple of small features that could be very important, and yet are no longer available in other smartphones :
- 3.5 mm audio port
- IR emitter
- Triple card tray with microSD card slot
Pretty Decent Camera
Forget about the 48 MP marketing. It’s really a 12 MP camera. And it’s a nice camera at this price point.
Just watch out for the narrow depth-of-field, inability to take close-up photos and potential over-processing.
Not For Serious Gaming
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 is a pretty good processor at this price point, and offers decent work performance.
However, it has a rather weak GPU. Perfectly fine for those playing simple mobile games, but not for serious gamers.
Xiaomi may quote a 18 watt charging capability, and even pack a 22.5 watt fast charger in the box. But this baby sure takes its time recharging.
Fortunately, its long battery life ensures that you really don’t need to keep it plugged more than once a day.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T : Our Verdict + Award
The Xiaomi Redmi 9T offers a lot of decent features and a very long battery life, at a great price point.
There are very few smartphones at this price point that would offer you a large Full HD display, a decent processor and camera system, with a large battery.
This is why we believe it deserves nothing less than our Reviewer’s Choice Award!
Xiaomi Redmi 9T : Where To Buy?
The Redmi 9T is available for purchase, in two variants :
- 4 GB + 64 GB : RM 599 (approximately US$148 / £109 / A$191 / S$196)
- 6 GB + 128 GB : RM 699 (approximately US$173 / £128 / A$223 / S$229)
And here are some online purchase options :
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera In Professional Hands?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- MySejahtera Now Mandatory : RM1K Fine Otherwise!
- Xiaomi Mi 11 : What You Need To Know!
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T : New Entry-Level 5G Smartphone!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra : Dual Zoom + Audio Zoom Review
- Samsung Galaxy SmartTag : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus : Our Hands-On Preview!
- Telegram : How To Move Chat History From Other Apps
- Keep Your iPhone + MagSafe Away From Medical Devices!
- Xiaomi Disses 15W MagSafe With 80W Mi Wireless Charging!
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro : Malaysia Price + Specifications!
- Xiaomi Mi 10T : Malaysia Price + Specifications!
- Mi 10T Lite : Snapdragon 750G + 120Hz Display FTW!
- Xiaomi Mi 10T : Cheaper 64MP Variant Of Mi 10T Pro!
- Galaxy S20 Fan Edition : Why Samsung Created It
- Galaxy Note20 vs Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G : What’s The Difference?
- vivo Electrochromic Glass Prototype Sneak Peek!
- POCO X3 NFC : Powered By New Snapdragon 732G!
- Xiaomi 3rd Generation Under-Display Camera Technology!
- Redmi Note 9 Pro : Cheap 64 MP Quad Camera Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro : 5G + 108MP Quad Camera Flagship!
- Xiaomi Mi 10 : Affordable 5G + 108MP Camera FTW!
Go Back To > First Page | Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!