The 3X Camera Xiaomi Mi A2 Smartphone In-Depth Review!

Spread the love

Xiaomi Mi A2 Performance - Work, Gaming, Battery + Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Xiaomi Mi A2’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browsing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Xiaomi Mi A2 PCMark results

Work 2.0 Xiaomi Mi A2 Realme 2 Pro Honor Play Samsung Galaxy
A7 2018
Performance Score
(Average)
8233 7842 7361 5379
Web Browsing 8543 7863 7695 5278
Video Editing 6356 6756 5499 4413
Writing 7471 6498 6649 5056
Photo Editing 15999 16030 13326 7427
Data Manipulation 5828 5359 5764 5147
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Despite using the same SoC as the Realme 2 Pro, the Xiaomi Mi A2 (US | UK | MY) is 5% faster in the Work 2.0 benchmark. It is also 12% faster than the flagship-class Kirin 970 used in the Honor Play, and a whopping 53% faster than the Samsung Exynos 7885 used in the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Xiaomi Mi A2’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Xiaomi Mi A2 3DMark results

Ice Storm Unlimited Honor Play Xiaomi Mi A2 Realme 2 Pro Samsung
Galaxy
A7 2018
Gaming Score 31622 26731 24812 15354
Graphics 37351 29302 26455 15788
Physics 20576 20452 20383 14005
Graphics Test 1 208.9 fps 162.9 fps 147.4 fps 136.5 fps
Graphics Test 2 132.8 fps 104.6 fps 94.3 fps 45.8 fps
Physics Test 65.3 fps 64.9 fps 64.7 fps 44.5 fps
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

The Xiaomi Mi A2 (US | UK | MY) has 8% faster gaming performance than the Realme 2 Pro, despite being powered by the same SoC. This makes it just 15.5% slower than the flagship-class Kirin 970 used in the Honor Play, and 74% faster than the Exynos 7885 used in the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Xiaomi Mi A2’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Xiaomi Mi A2 battery life

Work 2.0 Samsung Galaxy
A7 2018
Honor Play Realme 2 Pro Xiaomi Mi A2
Battery Life 10 hours 25 mins 9 hours 56 mins 6 hours 58 mins 5 hours 39 mins
  Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Battery life is a sore point for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660. It is powerful, but it is a 14 nm chip that guzzles power compared to newer chips built on the 10 nm or 12 nm process technology.

Hence, we are not surprised to see the Xiaomi Mi A2 (US | UK | MY) last just over 5.5 hours in our stress test. Let’s remember that it only has a 3,000 mAh battery, while the Realme 2 Pro, which uses the same Snapdragon 660 SoC, comes with a larger 3,500 mAh battery.

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 10 watt fast charger. Let’s take a look at how fast it recharges the 3,000 mAh battery.

Xiaomi Mi A2 battery recharging speed

The Xiaomi Mi A2 (US | UK | MY) took just under 108.5 minutes (1 hour 48.5 minutes) to recharge its battery from 20% to 100%. That’s an average performance, considering it’s using a 10 watt charger.

That is a battery life : recharging ratio of 3:1. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 20 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 90% level. This took just 71 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 37.5 minutes to top up the remaining 10%.

Next Page > Our Verdict, Where To Buy, Recommended Reading

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


About The Author

Leave a Reply