Take a look at how Samsung tests the Galaxy Z Fold3 + Flip3, and find out why they are the most durable foldable smartphones yet!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 + Flip3 : Tougher Than Before!
Samsung’s third-generation foldable smartphones are getting rave reviews, but many people are still worried about the durability of the foldable displays.
Their new foldable displays have a new protective film made from stretchable PET, and newly-optimised display panel layers that are 80% more durable than the Z Fold2 display.
According to Samsung, they are now certified to withstand folding at least 200,000 times. Even if you fold them 100 times a day, they will last 5.5 years!
In addition to sporting new Armor Aluminium protection, these are also the first foldable devices to boast IPX8 water-resistance!
How Samsung Tests Galaxy Z Fold3 + Flip3 Foldable Phones!
To ensure that the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3 smartphones will deliver that kind of durability, Samsung put them through various tests :
- environmental chamber tests – to ensure that the phones will work properly in a variety of climates, from dry to humid, and hot to cold
- water resistance tests – to ensure the water resistance of the phones in different folding positions, including Flex mode.
- S Pen drawing tests – to ensure the performance of the digitizer under the foldable display reliably works, even where the display folds.
- folding tests – to ensure that both Galaxy Z devices will outlast 200,000 folds, or around five years of use.
Take a look at this behind-the-scenes video to see how Samsung tests the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Flip3 smartphones!
Where To Buy Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 + Flip3?
You can get the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 at these online options :
- US : $1799.99 to $1899.99
- UK : £1599 to £1699
- AU : $2499 to $2649
- SG : $2398 to $2548
- MY : RM6,999 to RM7,099
You can get the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 at these online options :
- US : $999.99 to $1049.99
- UK : £949 to £999
- AU : $1,499 to $1,599
- SG : $1,398 to $1,498
- MY : RM3,999 to RM4,199
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE : Unboxing + Hands-On Preview!
- vivo TWS 2 ANC + TWS 2e Earbuds : All You Need To Know!
- vivo X70 Gimbal Smartphones : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 : How Much + Where To Buy?
- vivo V1 Custom Imaging Chip : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 : Everything You Need To Know!