The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 boasts a slew of improved technologies, including Ultra-Thin Glass and a new hideaway hinge with sweeper technology.
Join Samsung mobile experts who will help to explain the key technologies of the new Galaxy Z Fold2 foldable smartphone!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 : A Quick Primer!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 is the successor to the Galaxy Fold – the first Samsung foldable smartphone.
It naturally comes with a bevy of improvements, which should hopefully correct many of the criticisms of their first effort.
It is about the same size as the Galaxy Fold, but has a larger 7.6-inch Infinity Edge display, now protected by Ultra-Thin Glass; and a much larger 6.2-inch cover display.
Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+, it comes with 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB / 512 GB of internal storage, as well as a slightly larger 4,500 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 : Key Technologies Explained!
Samsung arranged for their experts to help explain what’s new in the Galaxy Z Fold2 smartphone in these videos.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Cameras + Flex Mode
The foldable design will give you greater flexibility in using the Galaxy Z Fold2’s cameras :
- the Flex mode lets you take group selfies or long exposure photos without a tripod,
- Capture View mode lets you preview what you are recording live,
- Dual Preview lets you use both main display and cover display simultaneously, and
- Rear Cam Selfie lets you use the rear camera for high-resolution selfies,
The new rear camera also comes with a Bright Night sensor, which is 1.65X larger, allowing for better low-light performance.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Design
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 is about the same size as the Galaxy Fold, but has a larger 7.6-inch Infinity Edge display, thanks to smaller bezels.
On top of that, the team also removed the large display notch, replacing it with a tiny punch hole for the front camera.
Finally, the Mystic Bronze colour option comes with the haze finish – an advanced surface treatment, with a satin matte finish.
Users will be allowed to personalise their devices using customisable hideaway hinges, with five colour options – Metallic Red, Metallic Silver, Mystic Bronze, Metallic Gold and Metallic Blue.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Hinge + Sweeper Mechanism
It is also now built with a stronger retention force to maintain the 180 degree angle, and prevent the device from accidentally folding.
The built-in sweeper mechanism protects the dual cam hinge by repelling dirt and dust, while being sturdy and reliable enough to last more than 200,000 folds and unfolds.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Multitasking Capabilities
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 also comes with improved software to support its larger, dual displays.
- Multi-Window Tray and Edge Panel were integrated, letting you run an application in full screen / split / pop-up screens, as you prefer
- The Multi-Active Screen capability lets you perform actions like drag and drop.
- The Split Screen Capture lets you capture the screen of a window, instead of the entire display
- New Pop-Up Window design minimises finger movements while using the large display.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 : Unboxing + Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 | Tab S7+ : Performance Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra : 6 Great Deals For Malaysia!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : 6 Great Deals For Malaysia!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 : Malaysia Price + Launch Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 | Tab S7+ : Malaysia Price + Deals!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra : An Early Review!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 | Note 20 Ultra Comparison!
- 2020 Samsung Side-by-Side Family Hub Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Special Edition Unboxed!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 | Note20 Ultra : Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : All Colour Options Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra : All Colour Options Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 | Galaxy Note20 Ultra Video Leaked!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Price Leaks : Slightly Cheaper!
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus BTS Edition : Unboxing!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (8GB) : RM100 Off For June 2020!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus BTS Edition : Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus BTS Edition : Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy A31 : 48MP Quad Camera System FTW!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Cloud White : Crisp, Clean Look!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Aura Red : Flaming Hot!
- Samsung Malaysia June 2020 QLED TV Deals!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 + FREE Galaxy Buds Deal!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : 8K Video Goes Mainstream!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Redmi Note 9 Pro : Cheap 64 MP Quad Camera Smartphone!
- Samsung Galaxy Buds : Get Update For Buds+ Features!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro : 5G + 108MP Quad Camera Flagship!
- Xiaomi Mi 10 : Affordable 5G + 108MP Camera FTW!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro : How To Setup For The First Time!
- Samsung Galaxy A71 2020 : What You Need To Know!
- MediaTek Benchmark Cheating : What Happened So Far
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus : TWS Earbuds Tuned By AKG!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Guide : How To Set Up The First Time!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro 5G Preview : Visionary Photography!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Preview : Unfolding With Style!
- Samsung Link To Windows Guide : Work From Home Easier!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!