Purchased the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip foldable smartphone, and wondering how to set it up?
Here is a quick guide, with a video, on how to set up your Galaxy Z Flip for the first time!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : A Quick Primer
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the second Samsung foldable smartphone, and the first from their new Z series with a different folding design.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip features an Infinity Flex display, with bendable Ultra Thin Glass (UTG). Its Hideaway Hinge has a dual CAM mechanism to ensure a smooth and stable folding and unfolding process.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+, which is a higher-clocked version of the Snapdragon 855 offering better CPU and graphics performance.
- its single prime Kryo 485 Gold CPU core has a slightly faster clock speed of 2.96 GHz
- its Adreno 640 GPU is clocked at 672 MHz, instead of 585 MHz
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip comes with 8 GB LPDDR4 memory, and 256 GB of internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : How To Set Up For The First Time!
If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, and have no idea how to set it up for the first time, we recorded this video to show you how!
- The first thing to do after it boots up, is to select the language and region of choice
But you can refuse to send diagnostic data or allow information linking or accept marketing
- Next, you should log into your Wi-Fi network
Wait until it connects successfully, and then tap Next
- You will now be given the opportunity to copy your apps and data from your old Android smartphone
If you are setting up the Galaxy Z Flip as a new device, just tap Don’t Copy
- You can now log into your existing Google account, or create a new Google account. Or you can skip this part and do it later
- Next, you have the opportunity to turn off certain Google services. Most of these Google servers are actually very useful. You should only turn off sending Google usage and diagnostic data
- Now it’s time to protect your Galaxy Z Flip from unauthorised access!
In this demonstration, we will set up its capacitive side fingerprint sensor…
- First, you will be asked to set up a secure screen lock method. Let’s use Pattern.
- You will need to draw your pattern once and draw the pattern again to confirm it
- The Galaxy Z Flip’s fingerprint sensor is integrated into the Power button on the right side. To train it, you will need to place your finger on the fingerprint sensor and lift when you feel a vibration.
- At almost the end of the training process, you will be asked to reposition your finger to capture the edges of the fingerprint
- Now, you will be asked to sign into your Samsung account or create one. You need a Samsung account to make use of Samsung services like Bixby or Samsung Pay. But of course, you can always skip this step, and do it later.
- The setup process is done, but you need to go through the warnings at the end first
– Please treat the display gently. Tap the screen lightly, and do not press hard on it.
– When you fold the phone, make sure there’s nothing between the display that can damage it.
– The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is not water or dust resistant!
– Do NOT attach any film to stickers to the main display
– Keep the Samsung Galaxy Z flip away from credit cards and anything that can be affected by magnets.
Now, you can start using your Galaxy Z Flip!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will be available in limited quantities in the Mirror Purple and Mirror Black colours, starting in the US and Korea from 14 February 2020 onwards. That will be followed by Mirror Gold in select countries.
It has a recommended retail price of US$1,379.99 / 1.65 million won globally, which is approximately SGD 1,919 / £1,059 / A$2,049. It is available in Malaysia for RM 5,888.
Here are some online purchase options :
- Malaysia : Mirror Purple | Mirror Black | Mirror Gold
- Singapore : Mirror Purple | Mirror Black
- United States : Mirror Purple | Mirror Black
- United Kingdom : Mirror Black
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Preview : Unfolding With Style!
- Samsung Link To Windows Guide : Work From Home Easier!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Bright Night Mode : How Useful Is It?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Camera Technologies : What’s New?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Overtrade + Trade-In Malaysia Deals!
- Samsung AR9500T Wind-Free : Briefing + Demo!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Roadshows Kick-Off In Malaysia!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Trade-Up Program Prices + Details!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : 60Hz vs 120Hz Battery Life!
- Samsung Exynos 990 Performance : How Fast Is It?
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Cameras : 48MP vs Ultra Wide vs Macro
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : Hands-On Experience + Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Hands-On Preview : All 3 Colours!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Hands-On Preview : All Three Colours!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 : Our Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Contest : #AwesomeNyer!
- 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV : First Look!
- Apple iPad 7th Gen vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 : Who Wins?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Golden Reel At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Senado Square At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (SM-N975) In-Depth Review!
- How To Get FREE YouTube Premium With Samsung Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ Get Major Note10 Upgrade!
- The Samsung IP68 Water-Resistance Technology Guide!
- Warning : Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Does Not Have A DAC!
- Samsung Galaxy A50s | A30s | A20s For Gen Z Revealed!
- Improved 2019 Samsung Galaxy Fold Details CONFIRMED!
- Samsung Exynos 980 – Samsung’s First 5G Mobile Platform!
- Samsung Galaxy A10s (SM-A107) : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 | Note 10+ Colour Comparisons!
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy A80 | Watch Active | Buds BLACKPINK Edition Is Here!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- The Samsung Smart Switch Guide For iPhones!
- The Samsung Water Lock Mode Guide For Smartwatches!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!