Together with the Samsung Galaxy S20 series, Samsung also unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip – their second foldable smartphone.
Let’s take a quick look at the important stuff you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : EVERYTHING You Need To Know!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the second Samsung foldable smartphone, and the first from their new Z series with a different folding design.
Foldable Glass Display with Ultra Thin Glass
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip features an Infinity Flex display, with bendable Ultra Thin Glass (UTG).
There have been suggestions that it’s really plastic, but that’s not true. There is simply a plastic film over the Ultra Thin Glass.
Hideaway Hinge with Sweeper Technology
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip has a Hideaway Hinge that is backed by a dual CAM mechanism to ensure a smooth and stable folding and unfolding process.
This Hideaway Hinge also lets the Z Flip stay open at any angle you want, and comes with Sweeper technology – nylon fibres designed to repel dirt and dust!
New Flex Mode
Leveraging its forward folding form factor, the Galaxy Z Flip will switch to the Flex mode when it is in the free standing mode.
The display automatically splits into two 4-inch screens, so you can view photos or videos in the top half, and control them or perform actions on the bottom half!
Performance, RAM + Storage
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+, which is a higher-clocked version of the Snapdragon 855 offering better CPU and graphics performance.
- its single prime Kryo 485 Gold CPU core has a slightly faster clock speed of 2.96 GHz
- its Adreno 640 GPU is clocked at 672 MHz, instead of 585 MHz
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip comes with 8 GB LPDDR4 memory, and 256 GB of internal storage.
Recommended : The Snapdragon 855 Plus vs Snapdragon 855 Comparison!
In the front, it has a 10 MP selfie camera with f/2.4 aperture. In the back, it has a dual camera system that consists of :
- 12 MP Dual Pixel main camera, with f/1.8 aperture and OIS
- 12 MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
Its foldable form factor also allows you to use it for low-angle shots, and have it stand without a tripod!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : Specifications
|Specifications||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip|
|Main Display||6.7-inch Infinity Flex display
– Dynamic AMOLED panel
– 1080 x 2636 pixels (425 ppi)
|Cover Display||1.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED display
– 300 x 112 pixels (303 ppi)
|Operating System||Android 10|
|System Platform||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+|
|CPU||1 x Kryo 485 Gold core (2.95 GHz)
3 x Kryo 485 Gold cores (2.41 GHz)
4 x Kryo 485 Silver cores (1.78 GHz)
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 640|
|RAM||8 GB LPDDR4x|
|Storage||256 GB internal storage|
|Front Camera||10 MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture|
|Rear Cameras||Dual Camera System
– 12 MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, HDR10+
– 12 MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
|Connectivity||4G : LTE
Cat16 DL : 1 Gbps / LTE Cat13 UL : 150 Mbps
Wi-Fi : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
(2.4 / 5 GHz)
Bluetooth : BT5.0
USB : USB Type C 2.0
|Fingerprint Sensor||Capacitive, Side-Mounted|
|Other Sensors||Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Proximity, RGB Light|
|Battery||3,300 mAh LiPo battery|
|73.6 mm wide
167.3 mm tall
7.2 mm thick
|73.6 mm wide
87.4 mm tall
17.3 mm thick
|Colour Options||Mirror Purple / Mirror Black / Mirror Gold|
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip has a recommended retail price of US$1,379.99 / 1.65 million won, which is approximately RM 5,699 / SGD 1,919 / £1,059 / A$2,049.
It will be available in limited quantities in the Mirror Purple and Mirror Black colours, starting in the US and Korea from 14 February 2020 onwards. That will be followed by Mirror Gold in select countries.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 : Malaysia Specifications + Price List!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Colour Comparison!
- Galaxy S20 | S20+ | S20 Ultra Malaysia Pre-Order + Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 : EVERYTHING You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Contest : #AwesomeNyer!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Unboxed : What Will We Find Inside?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Series : What Should You Expect?
- Over The Horizon 2020 : An Acoustic Remix!
- Samsung AR Doodle Contest : Love Is All Around!
- Samsung Galaxy A30s 2020 Gets 128GB Upgrade!
- Samsung Galaxy A71 | A51 Price + Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite | Note10 Lite Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung CNY 2020 Mega Giveaway : Here Are The Details!
- 2020 Samsung QLED 8K TVs Are NEXTGEN TV Ready!
- 2020 Samsung QLED 8K Q950 TV : First Look!
- Apple iPad 7th Gen vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 : Who Wins?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Golden Reel At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ : Senado Square At Night!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (SM-N975) In-Depth Review!
- How To Get FREE YouTube Premium With Samsung Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ Get Major Note10 Upgrade!
- The Samsung IP68 Water-Resistance Technology Guide!
- Warning : Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Does Not Have A DAC!
- Samsung Galaxy A50s | A30s | A20s For Gen Z Revealed!
- Improved 2019 Samsung Galaxy Fold Details CONFIRMED!
- Samsung Exynos 980 – Samsung’s First 5G Mobile Platform!
- Samsung Galaxy A10s (SM-A107) : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 | Note 10+ Colour Comparisons!
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy A80 | Watch Active | Buds BLACKPINK Edition Is Here!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) Review – Editor’s Choice!
- The Samsung Smart Switch Guide For iPhones!
- The Samsung Water Lock Mode Guide For Smartwatches!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!