In this guide, we will show you how to setup your new Samsung Galaxy S23 FE (Fan Edition) smartphone for the first time!
How To Setup Galaxy S23 FE : A Video Guide!
We have the new Samsung Galaxy S23 FE (Fan Edition) smartphone with us, and soon you will get yours too.
In this step-by-step guide, and this 4K video, we will show you how to setup the Galaxy S23 FE smartphone for the first time, as a new device!
The setup process is very easy, and will only take about 8-10 minutes if you are setting it up as a fresh device.
Recommended : Samsung Galaxy S23 FE Unboxing + First Impressions!
How To Setup Galaxy S23 FE : Step-By-Step Instructions
It is very easy to setup the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE as a new device. However, please note that the Galaxy S23 FE setup process will take about 10 minutes or so.
- Press the Power button for 4-5 seconds to start up your Samsung Galaxy S23 FE smartphone.
It will take about 23 seconds to boot up for the first time.
- In the Welcome screen, it will default to English (or the default language for your region).
If you need to change the language, tap on the current language, and select the language you prefer.
There is also an Accessibility option below the Start button for those who need it.
- Once you’re ready, click Start to begin the setup process.
You can skip sending Samsung your Diagnostic Data.
- In the next screen, you will have the option to migrate your settings and accounts from your existing device.
If you prefer to set up the Galaxy S23 FE as a new device, tap on the option to Set up manually.
- Next, you will be asked to log into your Wi-Fi network for Internet connectivity.
Select your Wi-Fi network and key in the password to connect.
- Once your Galaxy S23 FE connects to the Wi-Fi network, it will try to connect to the mobile network.
This is when you will be asked to insert a SIM card, or set up your mobile network using an e-SIM.
To do all that later, simply tap on the option to Set up later.
- The Samsung Galaxy S23 FE will now take about 46 seconds to get some stuff ready.
- After that is done, you are given the option to copy your apps and data from your old smartphone.
This is a long process, which you can do now, or do it later after setting up the Galaxy S23 FE.
To do it later, or set it up as a new device, simply tap on the Don’t copy option.
- Now you will be asked to log into your Google Account, or create a new one.
To skip for now and do it after setting up the phone, click on Skip.
- Next, you will be given the option of disabling certain Google services.
Generally, I would recommend leaving them enabled, except sending Google your usage and diagnostic data.
- Now, you will be asked to protect your Galaxy S23 FE by selecting a preferred login method – Face recognition, Fingerprints, PIN, Password, or Pattern.
- If you select the Face Recognition or Fingerprints option, you will need to select a secure screen lock method using Pattern, PIN or Password.
- Next, you will need to go through the Face Recognition / Fingerprints training process.
The fingerprint sensor is built into the display, and the sensor area will flash green to guide you during the process.
Simply press your finger onto the sensor area, and lift it when you feel a vibration. Keep repeating the process, while shifting the position of your finger each time.
- After setting up your fingerprints, you will be asked if you would like to download the Smart Tutor app.
Despite its name, this is actually a remote access tool that allows Samsung support staff to remotely diagnose your device.
Tap Next to continue and install the app.
- Now, you will be asked to log into your Samsung account, or create a new one.
You can choose not to use a Samsung account, or do it later.
Until you use a Samsung account though, you won’t be able to access certain Samsung services.
- You will now have the opportunity to turn off certain Samsung apps and services.
These are all key features that will greatly impact your use of the Galaxy S23 FE, so I recommend that you leave them all enabled.
- Next, you will have the option of selecting either a Light or a Dark theme.
Select whichever you prefer and tap Next.
- That’s it. The setup process is done. Tap Finish to start using the Galaxy S23 FE!
As you can see – it’s really quite easy to setup the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE as a new device!
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE : Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S23 FE comes with colour options of Mint, Lavender, Gray and Silver, with two exclusive colours on their website – Tangerine and Indigo. They are all offered with two RAM and storage options:
- 6 GB + 128 GB
- 8 GB + 256 GB
These are the available models and launch prices for the Galaxy S23 FE :
- 8 GB + 128 GB : RM2,999 (approx. US$633 / £519 / A$998)
- 8 GB + 256 GB : RM3,299 (approx. US$699 / £571 / A$1,098)
Here are some online per-order and purchase options for the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE:
- United States : Amazon | Amazon
- United Kingdom : Amazon
- Australia : Amazon | Amazon |Amazon
- Malaysia : Shopee | Shopee
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 Preview In All 3 Colours!
- The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy A54 Review : Tech ARP Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy A54 (Exynos 1380) Performance Review!
- OPPO Shuts Down Its Zeku Chip Design Division!