In this guide, we will show you how to setup your new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for the first time!
How To Setup Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra : A Video Guide!
We have the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone with us, and soon you will get yours too.
Let us show you how to setup the Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone for the first time, as a new device!
The process is very easy as our video shows, but the process will take a bit longer than you are used to.
How To Setup Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra : Step-By-Step Instructions
It is very easy to setup the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra as a new device.
However, please note that the process takes a bit longer than with other smartphones – about 10 minutes or so.
- Press the Power button to start up your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone.
It will take 25 seconds to boot up for the first time.
- In the Welcome screen, it will default to English (or the default language for your region).
If you need to change the language, tap on the current language, and select the language you prefer.
There is also an Accessibility option below the Start button for those who need it.
- Once you’re ready, click Start to begin the setup process.
You can skip sending Samsung your Diagnostic Data.
- In the next screen, you will have the opportunity to turn off certain Samsung apps and services.
These are all key features that will greatly impact your use of the Galaxy S22 Ultra, so I recommend that you leave them all enabled.
- Next, you will be allowed to log into your Wi-Fi network for Internet connectivity.
Select your Wi-Fi network and key in the password to connect.
- Once your Galaxy S22 Ultra connects to the Wi-Fi network, it will automatically look for updates, and prepare the device.
This is where it can get tedious – this takes a few minutes to finish, so don’t fret.
- Next, you will be given the option to transfer apps and data from your old smartphone.
This is a long process, which you can do now, or do it later after setting up the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
To do it later, or set it up as a new device, simply click on Don’t copy.
- Now you will be asked to log into your Google Account, or create a new one.
To skip for now and do it after setting up the phone, click on Skip.
- Next, you will be given the option of disabling certain Google services.
Generally, I would recommend leaving them enabled, except sending Google your usage and diagnostic data.
- Now you will be asked to protect your Galaxy S22 Ultra by selecting a preferred login method – Face recognition, Fingerprint, Pattern, PIN or Password.
- If you select the Face Recognition or Fingerprint option, you will need to select a secure screen lock method using Pattern, PIN or Password.
- Next, you will need to go through the Face Recognition / Fingerprint training process
- After that, your Galaxy S22 Ultra will take a few minutes to “get ready”.
- Next, you will be asked if you would like to downloaded Smart Tutor.
This is a Remote Access tool that allows Samsung support staff to diagnose your device remotely.
- After this, you will be asked to log into your Samsung account, or create a new one.
You can choose not to use a Samsung account, or do it later.
Until you use a Samsung account though, you won’t be able to access certain Samsung services.
That’s it! You have successfully setup the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra as a new device!
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra : Price + Availability
Samsung is offering the Galaxy S22 Ultra in four colour options – Burgundy, Green, Phantom Black and Phantom White.
I had the opportunity to attend an exclusive Samsung preview event, to check out all four colours for ourselves.
Note : Samsung only allowed us to use digital cameras, so the video is not stabilised as it would be with smartphones that I generally use.
Here in Malaysia, it is available starting 10 February 2022 in three variants, at these price points :
- 8 GB + 128 GB : RM 5,099 (about US$1,219 / £899 / A$1,699 / S$1,629)
- 12 GB + 256 GB : RM 5,499 (about US$1,314 / £969 / A$1,829 / S$1,759)
- 12 GB + 512 GB : RM 5,899 (about US$1,409 / £1,039 / A$1,959 / S$1,889)
Here are some online pre-order options :
- Malaysia : RM5,499 | RM5,499 | RM5,499 | RM5,499
- Singapore : S$1,858
- United States : US$1,199 | US$1,199
- United Kingdom : £1,149 | £1,149 | £1,249 | £1,249
- Australia : A$1,999
- Unboxing Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra : What’s Inside Its Box?
- realme Caught Faking narzo 50 Gameplay During Launch?!
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Hands-On Preview + First Impressions!
- How To Get 30% Off Samsung Care+ With Galaxy S22 Series!
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Colour Comparison
Support Tech ARP!