The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (SM-G975) In-Depth Review!

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Performance, Battery Life + Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus’ performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus PCMark results

Work 2.0 HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy S10+
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Performance Score (Average) 10215 7846 5590 5557
Web Browsing 10960 8583 6037 5763
Video Editing 6047 5524 5332 5410
Writing 12506 9076 4713 5421
Photo Editing 20262 10710 6847 5898
Data Manipulation 6514 6450 5253 5316
Review Links Mate 20 Review   Galaxy S9+ Review Galaxy Note9 Review
Price Check US | UK | MY USUKMY Price Check MY | US | UK

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus’ Exynos 9820 greatly improved on the mediocre work performance of the Exynos 9810 used in the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9 . However, it still falls behind the Kirin 980 that powers the HUAWEI Mate20.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Galaxy S10 Plus’ gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 3DMark results

Ice Storm Unlimited HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy S10+
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Gaming Score 61595 56808 42598 42489
Graphics 72523 73362 51199 49852
Physics 40327 31741 26825 28009
Graphics Test 1 386.2 fps 397.5 fps 330.2 fps 308.6 fps
Graphics Test 2 266.4 fps 266.3 fps 167.9 fps 167.0 fps
Physics Test 128.0 fps 100.8 fps 85.2 fps 88.9 fps
Review Links Mate 20 Review   Galaxy Note9 Review Galaxy S9+ Review
Price Check US | UK | MY USUKMY MY | US | UK Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (US | UK | MY) was 33% faster than the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9, and 8% slower than the HUAWEI Mate20.

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Galaxy S10+’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Full WQHD+ Resolution

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus battery full resolution

Standard Full HD+ Resolution

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus battery standard resolution

Work 2.0 HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy S10+
(Full HD+)
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S10+
(WQHD+)
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Battery Life 12 hours 19 mins 10 hours 17 mins 10 hours 15 mins 9 hours 15 mins 9 hours 5 mins
Review Links Mate 20 Review   Galaxy Note9 Review   Galaxy S9+ Review
Price Check US | UK | MY USUKMY MY | US | UK USUKMY Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (US | UK | MY) has the same battery size and battery life as the Galaxy Note9, but lasted more than an hour longer than the Galaxy S9 Plus.

Thanks to its larger 4,100 mAh battery, it lasted longer than the S9 Plus, even when you turned its display resolution all the way to WQHD+.

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 15 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged its 4,100 mAh battery.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus battery recharging speed

Recharging Speed Samsung
Galaxy S10+
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
HUAWEI
Mate 20
Battery Capacity 4,100 mAh 4,000 mAh 3,500 mAh 4,000 mAh
Charger Output 15 Watts 15 Watts 15 Watts 22.5 Watts
Recharging Time 91.6 minutes 107 mins 95.5 minutes 118 Minutes
Recharging Speed 44.8 mAh / minute 37.4 mAh/ / minute 36.6 mAh / minute 33.9 mAh / minute
Review Links   Galaxy Note9 Review Galaxy S9+ Review Mate 20 Review
Price Check USUKMY MY | US | UK Price Check US | UK | MY

Despite using the same old 15 watt adaptive fast charger as the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (US | UK | MY) has significantly improved fast charging performance – about 20-22%.

Even though the Galaxy S10 Plus has about the same battery capacity as the Galaxy Note9 and the HUAWEI Mate20, it fully recharged its battery 15 minutes and 26 minutes faster respectively.

This gives it an improved battery life : recharging ratio of 6.75 : 1. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 9 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 90% level. This took just 61 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 30.5 minutes to top up the remaining 10%.

Next Page > Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Verdict + Award, Price,+ Specifications Comparison

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


Comments

comments

About The Author

Related posts

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: