The Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) In-Depth Review!

Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) Review – Editor’s Choice!

Samsung Galaxy S10 Performance, Battery Life + Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Samsung Galaxy S10’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browsing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Work 2.0 HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy S10
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Performance Score (Average) 10215 7898 5590 5557
Web Browsing 10960 8696 6037 5763
Video Editing 6047 5518 5332 5410
Writing 12506 8895 4713 5421
Photo Editing 20262 11621 6847 5898
Data Manipulation 6514 6194 5253 5316
Review Links Mate 20 Review Galaxy S9+ Review Galaxy Note9 Review
Price Check US | UK | MY US | UK | MY Price Check MY | US | UK

The Samsung Galaxy S10’s Exynos 9820 greatly improved on the mediocre work performance of the Exynos 9810 used in the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9.

However, it still falls behind the Kirin 980 that powers the HUAWEI Mate20.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Galaxy S10’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Ice Storm Unlimited HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy S10
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Gaming Score 61595 55597 42598 42489
Graphics 72523 70216 51199 49852
Physics 40327 32161 26825 28009
Graphics Test 1 386.2 fps 389.8 fps 330.2 fps 308.6 fps
Graphics Test 2 266.4 fps 250.9 fps 167.9 fps 167.0 fps
Physics Test 128.0 fps 102.1 fps 85.2 fps 88.9 fps
Review Links Mate 20 Review Galaxy Note9 Review Galaxy S9+ Review
Price Check US | UK | MY US | UK | MY MY | US | UK Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy S10 (US | UK | MY) was 31% faster than the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9, and 10% slower than the HUAWEI Mate20.

[adrotate group=”1″]

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Galaxy S10’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Work 2.0 HUAWEI
Mate 20
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S10
(WQHD+)
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
Battery Life 12 hours 19 mins 10 hours 15 mins 9 hours 32 mins 9 hours 5 mins
Review Links Mate 20 Review Galaxy Note9 Review Galaxy S9+ Review
Price Check US | UK | MY MY | US | UK US | UK | MY Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy S10 (US | UK | MY) has a slightly smaller battery size than the Galaxy S9 Plus, but lasted almost 30 minutes (5%) longer.

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 15 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged its 3,400 mAh battery.

Recharging Speed Samsung
Galaxy S10
Samsung
Galaxy Note9
Samsung
Galaxy S9+
HUAWEI
Mate 20
Battery Capacity 3,400 mAh 4,000 mAh 3,500 mAh 4,000 mAh
Charger Output 15 Watts 15 Watts 15 Watts 22.5 Watts
Recharging Time 78 minutes 107 mins 95.5 minutes 118 Minutes
Recharging Speed 34.9 mAh / minute 29.9 mAh / minute 29.3 mAh / minute 27.1 mAh / minute
Review Links Galaxy Note9 Review Galaxy S9+ Review Mate 20 Review
Price Check US | UK | MY MY | US | UK Price Check US | UK | MY

Despite using the same old 15 watt adaptive fast charger as the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note9, the Samsung Galaxy S10 (US | UK | MY) has significantly improved fast charging performance by about 17%.

Even though the Galaxy S10 has about the same battery capacity as the Galaxy S9 Plus, it fully recharged its battery 17.5 minutes faster.

This gives it an improved battery life : recharging ratio of 7.33 : 1. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 8 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 90% level. This took just 55 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 23 minutes to top up the remaining 10%.

Next Page > Samsung Galaxy S10 Verdict + Award, Price, Specifications Comparison

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


Leave a Reply Cancel reply