More Samsung Galaxy S10 Features
They all boast a higher resolution front camera, with a Dual Pixel sensor for faster and more accurate autofocus :
- S10e and S10 : 10 MP Dual Pixel sensor with f/1.9 lens
- S10+ : 10 MP Dual Pixel sensor with f/1.9 lens + 8 MP depth sensor with f/2.2 lens
The depth sensor in the Galaxy S10+ adds Live Focus capability for the first time to a front camera.
In the back, they feature either a dual-camera system, or triple-camera system.
- S10e : 12 MP dual-aperture camera (f/1.5 and f/2.4) + 16 MP ultra wide-angle camera (f/2.2)
- S10 and S10+ : 12 MP dual-aperture camera (f/1.5 and f/2.4) + 16 MP ultra wide-angle camera (f/2.2) + 12 MP telephoto camera (f/2.4)
Improved Super Slow-mo
Samsung doubled the Super Slow-mo recording time from 0.2-0.4 seconds to 0.4-0.8 seconds in all four models. Unfortunately, the video resolution is still limited to 720p at 960 fps.
Ultrasonic In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
To achieve a much greater display-to-body ratio, the S10 and S10+ will come with an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The cheaper S10e (represented by the grey model on the left here), will have a fingerprint sensor embedded into its Power button – a feature first seen in the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.
In-display fingerprint sensors have already been introduced in smartphones like the OPPO R17 Pro, but these use optical sensors that basically take pictures for a 2D profile.
This new in-display fingerprint sensor uses ultrasonic technology, which uses ultrasound waves to take 3D profiles of the user’s fingerprints. This is said to be far more reliable and accurate than optical sensors.[adrotate group=”1″]
Battery + Charging
All four models will come with a larger battery, with improved charging capabilities.
- S10e : 3,100 mAh battery + QC 2.0 fast charging + Wireless PowerShare
- S10 : 3,400 mAh battery + QC 2.0 fast charging + Wireless PowerShare
- S10+ : 4,100 mAh battery + QC 2.0 fast charging + Wireless PowerShare
The Wireless PowerShare feature is particularly cool and useful. It allows Galaxy S10 smartphones to function as a wireless charger for any Qi-certified device!
Official Galaxy S10 Cases
Not all Samsung Galaxy S10 models will come with a bundled bumper case. To accommodate those who need better protection, Samsung offers six different type of cases with matching colours!
- Clear View Cover / S-View Flip Cover : RM 209 / US$ 59.99 / £50
- LED View Cover / LED Wallet Cover : RM 239 / US$ 64.99 / £55
- LED Cover / LED Back Cover : RM 209 / US$ 59.99 / £50
- Leather Cover / Leather Back Cover : RM 189 / US$ 59.99 / £50
- Protective Standing Cover / Rugged Protective Cover : RM 139 / US$ 34.99 / £30
- Silicon Cover : RM 109 / US$ 29.99 / £25
Recommended : The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Cases – Prices + Showcase!
Next Page > Samsung Galaxy S10 Specification Comparison, Where To Buy?
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!