Samsung Galaxy S10 Key Features
New Flagship Platforms
All four models will run on either the new Samsung Exynos 9820 (worldwide), or the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (United States) platforms.
The Samsung Exynos 9820 has a triple-cluster architecture with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) (like the Kirin 980). Samsung says that it will deliver these performance advantages over the Exynos 9810 :
- 20% better single core performance,
- 15% better multi-core performance, and
- 40% better power efficiency
- 7X faster AI performance
Built on the 8 nm LPP FinFET process technology, it also boasts 10% lower power consumption, compared to the last generation 10 nm LPP process.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, on the other hand, is fabricated on the 7 nm process technology. It also uses a triple-cluster architecture, and comes with an Adreno 640 GPU and an X24 LTE modem that supports Cat20 download and uploads.
More Memory + Storage!
All four models have a lot more memory and storage :
- The S10e has 6 GB of memory – 2 GB more than the Samsung Galaxy S9.
- The S10 and S10+ have 8 GB of memory – 2 GB more than the Galaxy S9+)
- The highest-end S10+ model has a whopping 12 GB of memory.
Storage capacities have also been expanded, with a 1 TB storage option thanks to the new Samsung eUFS chip.
- The S10e comes with either 128 GB or 256 GB of storage.
- The S10 and S10+ comes with either 128 GB or 512 GB of storage.
- The highest-end S10+ model comes with 1 TB of storage.
And if that’s not enough, all three models come with a hybrid SIM slot, where the second SIM slot can support a microSD card of up to 512 GB in capacity.
All four models will have the new Infinity-O displays, with circular or pill-shaped holes for the front cameras. This allows Samsung to deliver a screen-to-body ratio in excess of 90%.
- The S10e has 5.8-inch flat display, with 1080 x 2280 pixels (438 poi)
- The S10 has a 6.1-inch display with curved edges, and 1440 x 3040 pixels (550 ppi(
- The S10+ has a 6.4-inch display with curved edges, and 1440 x 3040 pixels (495 ppi)
The larger S10+ (also known as the S10 Plus) has a pill-shaped hole because it has two front cameras. In addition to a regular selfie camera, they have an ultra wide-angle selfie camera.
Dynamic AMOLED Panel
All three models use the next-generation Dynamic AMOLED panels that are HDR10+ certified. They are literally the best smartphone displays in the industry right now, capable of producing 100% of the DCI-P3 colour range, with a maximum brightness of 1200 nits.
These Dynamic AMOLED panels were also engineered to reduce blue light by 42% without changing how colours appear. This would make for more comfortable viewing with less eyestrain, especially at night.
Gorilla Glass 6 + Gorilla Glass 5
The Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphones are said to be protected by the latest Gorilla Glass 6, but that’s not entirely accurate. Let us summarise its protection for you :
- Premium S10+ : Gorilla Glass 6 protects the front, while Ceramic protects the back.
- S10+ and S10 : Gorilla Glass 6 protects the front, while Gorilla Glass 5 protects the back.
- S10e : Gorilla Glass 5 protects the front and back.
Recommended : The Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973) Smartphone Preview!
Next Page > More Samsung Galaxy S10 Features
Support Tech ARP!