Samsung Galaxy Note9 Review – Quietly Revolutionary!

Samsung Galaxy Note9 Performance, Battery Life + Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Samsung Galaxy Note9’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Samsung Galaxy Note9 PCMark result

Work 2.0 Honor 10 Samsung Galaxy Note8 Samsung Galaxy S9+ Samsung Galaxy Note9
Performance Score
(Average)
7106 5617 5590 5557
Web Browsing 7295 5433 6037 5763
Video Editing 5159 4872 5332 5410
Writing 6732 5696 4713 5421
Photo Editing 12910 8563 6847 5898
Data Manipulation 5524 4329 5253 5316
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Price Check

This Samsung Galaxy Note9 (US | MY Web | MY App) is powered by the same Exynos 9810 SoC used in the Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Price Check), so Its performance in work application was no different.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Galaxy Note9’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Samsung Galaxy Note9 3DMark result

Ice Storm Unlimited Samsung Galaxy Note9 Samsung Galaxy S9+ Samsung Galaxy Note8 Honor 10
Gaming Score 42598 42489 32584 30560
Graphics 51199 49852 36927 34801
Physics 26825 28009 23083 21423
Graphics Test 1 330.2 fps 308.6 fps 185.5 fps 206.2 fps
Graphics Test 2 167.9 fps 167.0 fps 141.5 fps 119.5 fps
Physics Test 85.2 fps 88.9 fps 73.3 fps 68.0 fps
Price Check Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

What the Samsung Galaxy Note9 (US | MY Web | MY App) lacked in work performance, it more than made up in gaming performance. Its ARM Mali-G72 MP18 graphics processor was 44% faster than the ARM Mali-G71 MP20 used in the Galaxy Note8 (Price Check).

The Samsung Galaxy Note9’s CPU cores also delivered 39% faster physics processing than those of the Galaxy Note8 (Price Check).

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Galaxy Note9’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Samsung Galaxy Note9 battery life

Work 2.0 Samsung Galaxy Note9 Samsung Galaxy S9+ Honor 10 Samsung Galaxy Note8
Battery Life 10 hours 15 mins 9 hours 5 mins 8 hours 56 mins 8 hours 50 mins
  Price Check Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Will you look at that! The Samsung Galaxy Note9 (US | MY Web | MY App) delivered a battery life of over 10 hours. This is not just screen-on time. It’s running the Work 2.0 benchmark over, and over again, for over 10 hours!

The Galaxy Note9 lasted 70 minutes longer than the Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Price Check), and 85 minutes longer than the Samsung Galaxy Note8 (Price Check)!

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy Note9 comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 15 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged the 4,000 mAh battery.

Samsung Galaxy Note9 battery recharging speed

It took the Samsung Galaxy Note9 (US | MY Web | MY App) just under 107 minutes (1 hour 47 minutes) to recharge its battery from 20% to 100%. That is a battery life : recharging ratio of 5.8 : 1 – a good ratio. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 10.5 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 85% level. This took just 72 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 35 minutes to top up the remaining 15%.

Next Page > Samsung Galaxy Note9 Verdict & Award, Price, Availability + Specifications

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


Comments

comments

About The Author

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: