Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Preview - 3X Cameras, 3X Fun?

The 4X Camera Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750) Review!

Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Performance - Work, Gaming, Battery

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browsing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Work 2.0 Honor Play Honor 10 Samsung
Galaxy S9
Samsung
Galaxy A7 2018
Performance Score
(Average)
7361 7106 5618 5379
Web Browsing 7695 7295 5357 5278
Video Editing 5499 5159 5265 4413
Writing 6649 6752 4673 5056
Photo Editing 13326 12910 7560 7427
Data Manipulation 5764 5524 5616 5147
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Samsung Exynos SoCs have never been particularly strong in work applications, and the Samsung Exynos 7885 is no exception. After all, it only has two high-performance ARM Cortex-A73 cores.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Galaxy A7 2018’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Ice Storm Unlimited Samsung
Galaxy S9
Honor Play Honor 10 Samsung
Galaxy A7 2018
Gaming Score 39588 31622 30560 15354
Graphics 45577 37351 34801 15788
Physics 27116 20576 21423 14005
Graphics Test 1 267.9 fps 208.9 fps 206.2 fps 136.5 fps
Graphics Test 2 157.2 fps 132.8 fps 119.5 fps 45.8 fps
Physics Test 86.1 fps 65.3 fps 68.0 fps 44.5 fps
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (MY | US | UK) has modest gaming performance. Unlike the Honor Play and Honor 10, which boast a 12-core GPU, or the Galaxy S9 with its 18-core GPU, the Galaxy A7 2018 only has a dual-core GPU.

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Galaxy A7 2018’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Work 2.0 Samsung
Galaxy A7 2018
Honor Play Samsung
Galaxy S9
Honor 10
Battery Life 11 hours 25 mins 9 hours 56 mins 9 hours 6 mins 8 hours 56 mins
  Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Now that is really amazing battery life – just short of 11.5 hours! This is not just screen-on time. It’s running the Work 2.0 benchmark over, and over again, for over 11 hours!

It lasted 1.,5 hours longer than the Honor Play, 2 hours longer than the Samsung Galaxy S9, and an astounding 2.5 hours longer than the Honor 10!

Of course, it was still not as good as last year’s Galaxy A7 2017, which lasted 12 hours on its larger 3,600 mAh battery.

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (MY | US | UK) comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 7.75 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged the 3,300 mAh battery.

It took the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (MY | US | UK) just 115 minutes (1 hour 55 minutes) to recharge its battery from 20% to 100%. Pretty good performance, considering it’s just using a 7.75 watt charger.

That is a battery life : recharging ratio of 5.8 : 1 – a good ratio. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 10.5 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 90% level. This took just 87.5 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 27.5 minutes to top up the remaining 10%.

Next Page > Our Verdict, Where To Buy The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018?

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


Leave a Reply Cancel reply