Key Features, Where To Buy?
Samsung Galaxy A52 : Key Features
6.5-inch Super AMOLED Display
The Samsung Galaxy A52 comes with a large 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display, with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
You may be delighted to learn that it not only supports a higher 90 Hz refresh rate, it also has 800 nits of maximum brightness!
The display is also Eye Care-certified, and automatically adjusts its colour temperature to reduce eye fatigue – what Samsung calls Eye Comfort Shield.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is built around the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G (SM7225) mobile platform, which consists of :
- 2 x high-performance Kryo 570 Gold cores, running at up to 2.3 GHz
- 6 x low-power Kryo 570 Silver cores, running at up to 1.8 GHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 619 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon 694 NPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 355L ISP
Fabricated on the 8 nm process technology, this mid-range mobile SoC promises to deliver 20% faster CPU, 20% faster AI and 10% faster graphics performance over its predecessor, the Snapdragon 730G.
RAM + Storage
The Samsung Galaxy A52 comes with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage. This is way more than what most users can ever expect to use.
But if you actually need more storage, it comes with a hybrid SIM tray, which allows you to add a microSD card for more storage!
1 + 4 Cameras!
The Samsung Galaxy A52 boasts a 32 MP front camera, with a wide f/2.2 aperture. The ultra-high resolution is, frankly, overkill for a selfie camera.
So if you don’t need the high resolution, switch to the 8 MP resolution for better low-light photos and videos.
In the back, it has a quad camera system that consists of :
- 64 MP main camera, with f/1.8 aperture
- 12 MP ultra-wide camera, with f/2.2 aperture
- 5 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture
- 5 MP depth camera, with f/2.4 aperture
We should point out that the depth camera doesn’t take any photos.. It just obtains depth data to allow for more accurate software bokeh effects.
We really like how the matte colour scheme makes the slight camera bump appear even less conspicuous.
While the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G is a 5G platform, 5G connectivity was turned off in our Galaxy A52. It may be offered as a 5G model in some countries, but not in Malaysia.
That’s just fine by us as we don’t see 5G connectivity becoming widespread for at least 3-4 more years! Turning off 5G will also help save power and extend battery life.
It also supports Wi-Fi 5 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), as well as Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type C connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy Ecosystem
The Samsung Galaxy A52 will allow you to be part of the Samsung ecosystem through these features :
- SmartThings lets you connect to, and control, smart devices including wearables, tablets, PCs and TVs.
- SmartThings Find lets you easily locate paired Galaxy devices, or using the Galaxy SmartTag.
- Music Share lets you sync your phone with a friend’s device to share music, without speaker pairing.
- Buds Together lets you pair your phone with two sets of Galaxy Buds, to listen together!
- Quick Share lets you easily and quickly send pictures and videos of any size to nearby Galaxy devices.
- Private Share lets you revoke photos and videos you shared with just a tap!
Security + Protection
The Samsung Galaxy A52 has Samsung Knox built-in, providing you with a defence-grade enclave to store your sensitive information and data.
is IP67-rated against dust- and water-resistance. This protects it against accidental water splashes, and immersion in up to 1 metre of fresh water, for up to 30 minutes.
We should point out that Samsung warns against immersing it in seawater, the swimming pool or in soapy water.
Next Page > Camera Performance + Photo Samples
Support Tech ARP!