The end is almost here – Samsung Cloud will soon be gone, replaced by Microsoft OneDrive!
Here is what you need to know about Samsung Cloud’s shutdown process, and what you need to do.
Samsung Cloud Termination : What You Need To Know!
It is official. Samsung Cloud will be replaced by Microsoft OneDrive, and it starts with the termination of its Gallery Sync and Drive services.
Samsung Cloud users have all been notified about this move, and if you haven’t seen the notice yet, check your email spam folder.
|Shutdown Process||Group 1||Group 2|
|– Gallery Sync + Drive stops working|
– OneDrive migration available
– Data download available
|5 October 2020 onwards||1 December 2020 onwards|
|– Gallery Sync and Drive no longer available|
– OneDrive migration no longer available
– Premium storage subscription terminated
|1 April – 29 June 2021||1 June – 30 August 2021|
|– Data download no longer available||30 June 2021||31 August 2021|
Phase 1 : Limited Service
Depending on where you live, you will have until March 2021 (Group 1) or May 2021 (Group 2) to migrate your data to Microsoft OneDrive.
You can choose to download your data, or migrate to OneDrive.
- If you choose to download your data, it will be completely deleted from Samsung Cloud 90 days after that.
- If you select to migrate to OneDrive, your data stored in Samsung Cloud will be transferred to OneDrive, and deleted.
Phase 2 : Service Discontinued
From 1 April 2021 (Group 1) or 1 June 2021 (Group 2) onwards, Gallery Sync and Drive services will be disabled, and premium subscriptions automatically cancelled.
The OneDrive migration option will no longer be available, but you will still be allowed to download your data.
Phase 3 : Data Deleted
Samsung will give you until 29 June 2021 (Group 1) or 30 August 2021 (Group 2) to download your data, after which everything is deleted.
Samsung Cloud to Microsoft OneDrive Migration
You will receive a OneDrive integration notification in Gallery, My Files or the Samsung Cloud app, and opt to begin the process.
Alternatively, you can choose to begin the migration process through these apps :
- Samsung Cloud app : More > Settings > Link with OneDrive
- Gallery app : More > Settings > Cloud Sync or Switch to OneDrive
- My Files app : More > Settings > Make the Switch to OneDrive
Once you start the process, follow these instructions :
- Tap Move to OneDrive
- Check “I agree to Samsung Cloud Service Changes”
- Tap Connect
- Tap Connect accounts and sign into your Microsoft OneDrive account
- Let the data sync finish and then tap Done
Download Data From Samsung Cloud
You can download your Samsung Cloud data through the Download my data menu :
- Samsung Cloud app : Download my data
- Gallery : More > Settings > Download content from cloud
Once you start the process, you will have 90 days before the data is deleted completely in Samsung Cloud :
- Tap Download my data
- Select the data you want to download
- Tap Download
- Let the download process complete
You can check the download process in the notification bar. But note that if you choose to cancel, it will cancel the entire download process, and you will have to start afresh.
Samsung Cloud Termination Process : Country Grouping
This is done automatically, based on your Samsung account information.
Group 1 : Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
Group 2 : Afghanistan, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macao, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Venezuela, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Jabra Elite 75t + Elite Active 75t Get FREE ANC Upgrade!
- Xiaomi Disses 15W MagSafe With 80W Mi Wireless Charging!
- HUAWEI Watch Fit Smartwatch Review
- HUAWEI MatePad T 10s : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Series Camera Technologies : What’s New?
- Galaxy Note20 vs Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G : What’s The Difference?
- Snapdragon vs Exynos vs Kirin : Battle Of The Flagships!
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 : 7 New Features Coming Up!
- GoPro HERO 9 Black : A Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus Review : Powerful + Versatile!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 : Colour Comparison!
- Galaxy Tab S7 Book Cover Keyboard Review : A Must Get!
- vivo Electrochromic Glass Prototype Sneak Peek!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series : Exynos 990 Performance!
- Xiaomi 3rd Generation Under-Display Camera Technology!
- 2020 HUAWEI MatePad : Mid-Range Tablet With 2K Display!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Battery Life Comparison
- Fitbit Sense : World’s Most Advanced Health Smartwatch?
- Fitbit Versa 3 : Now With GPS + Active Zone Minutes!
- Fitbit Inspire 2 : Fitness Tracker With 10 Day Battery Life!
- Snapdragon 865 Plus vs Exynos 990 Performance Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 | Note 20 Ultra Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 | Note20 Ultra : Colour Comparison!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices + Wearables | Home