The Samsung Galaxy A51 is one of the best mid-range smartphones you can buy today, and one of the main reason (in addition to its 32 MP selfie camera) is its combination of 48 MP, Ultra Wide and macro cameras.
In this comparison, we will take a look at the Galaxy A51 cameras, and show you real-life samples of what it is really capable of!
Samsung Galaxy A51 Cameras : A Quick Primer
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is one of the few mid-range smartphones to offer a quad-camera system.
- 48 MP main camera, with f/2.0 aperture
- 12 MP ultra wide camera, with f/2.2 aperture
- 5 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture
- 5 MP depth sensor, with f/2.2 aperture
Now, the depth sensor does not take photos and is used exclusively to detect distance for Live Focus capability, letting you focus on the subject and adjust the amount of bokeh in the background.
But what’s really important is how this mix of cameras offers the user great flexibility. How? Let us show you…
Samsung Galaxy A51 Cameras : 48MP vs Ultra Wide
The 48 MP main camera is impressive, no doubt. It is the camera of choice, if you need the highest-resolution images possible, or if you want to take low-light photos.
The 12 MP Ultra Wide camera may not have its resolution, but it gives you a wider field of vision, which is very useful for shots of sceneries and architecture.
The ultra wide angle also allows you to create more dramatic photos of the same scene. Check out the difference between the two cameras for the scenes above and below.
Can you see how the ultra wide camera conveys a more dramatic feel to even ordinary scenes? This is why we LOVE the ultra wide camera so much!
Samsung Galaxy A51 Cameras : Go Near With Macro!
You may be tempted to ignore its macro camera, because it “only” has a 5 MP sensor.
But every macro picture the Galaxy A51 takes has a resolution of 2576 x 1932 pixels. That’s far more pixels than what most of us can see on our smartphone or laptop display!
More importantly, it lets you get REALLY CLOSE to the subject, while ensuring that they stay sharp and in focus. This is critical when the subject is small – like insects, tiny flowers, or these cockles.
And look at how much more interesting a humble cockle appears in a macro shot!
The depth of field is also important as these cumin seeds demonstrate.
The main camera may have a higher resolution, but it cannot focus on the seeds in the foreground and it has a narrow depth-of-field – only seeds in a small range will be in focus.
The macro camera not only lets you get really close for a really detailed look at each seed, it has great depth of field, so the seeds are all in focus from top to the bottom.
In addition to allowing for a close-up focus of the subject, the macro camera also has more accurate colour reproduction when the subject is very close to the camera.
The main camera does a great job of reproducing colour at normal photographic ranges, but when you get really close to the subject, the macro camera will offer more accurate colour reproduction.
We are not saying the main camera isn’t good – it’s excellent! The macro camera just lets you capture sharper, more detailed images with better colour reproduction when you need to take a close-up shot of the subject.
One trick, if you prefer the main camera, is to take the photos from a distance and crop the photo on the phone or computer.
Because of its ultra high resolution, you can zoom into its 48 million pixels and crop out what you want – the final picture will remain sharp and in focus!
But we still recommend you try using the macro camera for close-up shots. You will be pleasantly surprised by how useful it is!
Samsung Galaxy A51 Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is available in three colour options – Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White and Prism Crush Blue.
Here are some online purchase options for both the Galaxy A51 and the Galaxy A71 smartphones in Malaysia :
- Samsung Galaxy A51 : RM 1,139 | RM 1,199 | RM 1,299
- Samsung Galaxy A71 : RM 1,799 | RM 1,799 | RM 1,799
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Malaysia Roadshow Deals + Locations!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Malaysia Launch + Models!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Camera Technologies Explained!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : Hands-On Experience + Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Hands-On Preview : All 3 Colours!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Hands-On Preview : All Three Colours!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip : EVERYTHING You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 : Our Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 | S20 Plus | S20 Ultra Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 : Malaysia Specifications + Price List!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Colour Comparison!
- Galaxy S20 | S20+ | S20 Ultra Malaysia Pre-Order + Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 : EVERYTHING You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Unboxed : What Will We Find Inside?
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!