The Realme 2 Pro In-Depth Review – Max Power, Max Style!

Realme 2 Pro Work + Gaming Performance, Battery Life + Recharging Performance

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Realme 2 Pro’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browsing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Realme 2 Pro PCMark results

Work 2.0 Realme 2 Pro Honor Play Honor 10 Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
Performance Score
(Average)
7842 7361 7106 5379
Web Browsing 7863 7695 7295 5278
Video Editing 6756 5499 5159 4413
Writing 6498 6649 6752 5056
Photo Editing 16030 13326 12910 7427
Data Manipulation 5359 5764 5524 5147
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

The Realme 2 Pro (Malaysia | Indonesia) was superb in this test, with its Snapdragon 660 beating even the Honor Play and Honor 10‘s Kirin 970 flagship SoC. It was, amazingly, 45% faster than the the new Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 in this test.

 

Gaming Performance – 3DMark

We tested the Realme 2 Pro’s gaming performance using 3DMark, using the Ice Storm Unlimited test.

Realme 2 Pro 3DMark results

Ice Storm Unlimited Honor Play Honor 10 Realme 2 Pro Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
Gaming Score 31622 30560 24812 15354
Graphics 37351 34801 26455 15788
Physics 20576 21423 20383 14005
Graphics Test 1 208.9 fps 206.2 fps 147.4 fps 136.5 fps
Graphics Test 2 132.8 fps 119.5 fps 94.3 fps 45.8 fps
Physics Test 65.3 fps 68.0 fps 64.7 fps 44.5 fps
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

The Realme 2 Pro (Malaysia | Indonesia) had pretty good gaming performance. It was only about 20% slower than the Honor Play and Honor 10, which boast a 12-core GPU; and a whopping 62% faster than the Galaxy A7 2018‘s dual-core GPU.

 

Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Realme 2 Pro’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

Realme 2 Pro battery life

Work 2.0 Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Honor Play Honor 10 Realme 2 Pro
Battery Life 10 hours 25 mins 9 hours 56 mins 8 hours 56 mins 6 hours 58 mins
  Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check
Review
Price Check

Despite its rather larger 3,500 mAh battery, the Realme 2 Pro (Malaysia | Indonesia) had a battery life just shy of 7 hours. Note that this is not just screen-on time. It’s running the Work 2.0 benchmark over, and over again, for 7 hours!

The new Samsung Galaxy A7 2018, in comparison, has a 50% longer battery life even though it only has a smaller 3,300 mAh battery.

A major reason is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660. It is a powerful mid-range chip, but built on the older 14 nm process technology. That means it consumes more power than newer chips built on 10 nm or even 7 nm process technologies.

 

Battery Recharging Performance

The Realme 2 Pro comes with a 10 watt fast charger. Let’s take a look at how fast it recharges the 3,500 mAh battery.

Realme 2 Pro battery recharging speed

The Realme 2 Pro (Malaysia | Indonesia) took just over 2 hours (122 minutes) to recharge its battery from 20% to 100%. This is an average performance, considering it’s using a 10 watt charger.

Its battery life : recharging ratio of 3.9 : 1 is also average. A rule of thumb – for one hour of battery life, charge it for 15.5 minutes.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 85% level. This took just 68 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took an astounding 54 minutes to top up the remaining 15%.

Next Page > Realme 2 Pro – Our Verdict + Award, Price + Deals

 

Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!


Comments

comments

About The Author

Related posts

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: