The HUAWEI P30 Series smartphones have a PRO Mode, which allows photographers to push the boundaries of creativity and possibilities.
This allows them to create photographs that are comparable to those from DSLR cameras!
Learn the PRO Mode tricks professional photographers use with the HUAWEI P30 Series smartphones, and check out some amazing examples of their work!
How To Activate PRO Mode For The HUAWEI P30 Series Smartphone
First, let us show you how to activate PRO Mode for the HUAWEI P30 Series smartphones.
- Turn on the camera app in the HUAWEI P30 or HUAWEI P30 Pro.
- Look for the camera mode options located just above the shutter button.
- Swipe left until you select the Pro option, as shown below.
The PRO Mode Options
After you select the PRO mode, you will see more options appear above it. These are photographic functions – ISO, S, EV, AF, AWB – that you can use to create really awesome photos.
PRO Mode Function #1 : ISO Sensitivity
ISO represents the light sensitivity of the camera. For example, we can select this function and increase the ISO sensitivity to increase the brightness of a photo, particularly when you take photos in poor lighting.
Increasing the ISO sensitivity will make the photo brighter in low-light, but there will be more noise. On the other hand, you can also lower the ISO in very bright conditions, which has the side effect of reducing noise.
PRO Mode Function #2 : Shutter Speed (S)
The Shutter Speed function determines whether we can capture fast-moving objects like a car or train.
The faster the shutter speed, the greater the ability to “freeze” their movement. Alternatively, you can lower the shutter speed to capture the light strobes of traffic flow.
PRO Mode Function #3 : Exposure (EV)
The Exposure (EV) function is useful in adjusting for adverse lighting conditions, like when the sunlight is just too bright. You can use this function to decrease the exposure so that your subjects look great even under the blazing sun!
PRO Mode Function #4 : Autofocus (AF)
The Autofocus function has three options – AF-S, AF-C and MF.
- AF-S (Autofocus Single) : Best for photographing objects that do not move, like portraits or flowers. You can use it to lock focus on the subject, before adjusting your composition.
- AF-C (Autofocus Continuous) : Useful for photographing a moving subject, like a dog or a car. After you lock focus on the moving subject, the camera will automatically adjust its focus as it moves towards or away from you.
- MF (Manual Focus) : This may be useful for creative compositions where you want an off-focus effect.
PRO Mode Function #5 : Auto White Balance (AWB)
The PRO Mode includes a white balancing feature, with five options :
- AWB (Auto White Balance) : This is the default option, which automatically adjusts for the ambient lighting condition.
- Cloudy : This works better under overcast skies.
- Fluorescent : This corrects for discolouration under fluorescent lighting, as well as mercury and sodium-vapour lamps.
- Incandescent : This corrects for discolouration under incandescent lighting.
- Direct Sunlight : This is best used when the subject is lit by direct sunlight.
PRO Mode Function #6 : Metering
The HUAWEI P30 Series smartphones have three metering options :
- Spot metering : The camera will only measure the exposure of the centre (1-5%) of the image.
- Center-weighted average metering : The exposure of the centre will be weighted more (60-80%) than the peripheral.
- Multi-zone evaluative metering : This is the default option, which uses a variety of factors to automatically decide the best exposure for the photo.
Next Page > PRO Mode Photo Samples + Settings