The OPPO Reno5 Pro smartphone is basically the Reno5 powered by the new MediaTek Dimension 1000 Plus!
Take a look at what the OPPO Reno5 Pro offers, and find out if it’s worth the price difference!
OPPO Reno5 Pro Powered By MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus!
OPPO is introducing the Reno5 Pro as a more powerful variant of their Reno5 5G smartphone.
Let’s start with this presentation on the OPPO Reno5 Pro.
The OPPO Reno5 Pro comes with a 6.5-inch AMOLED display, with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
This display has a high colour gamut of 100% sRGB, with a maximum brightness of 800 nits.
You can toggle between a 60 Hz and 90 Hz refresh rate, and the display has a 180 Hz sampling rate.
The OPPO Reno5 Pro is powered by the new MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus, which has eight CPU cores :
- 4 x Arm Cortex-A76 core @ 2.6 GHz
- 4 x Arm Cortex-A55 cores @ 2.0 GHz
They are paired with the Arm Mali-G75 MC5 GPU, with AV1 hardware decoding capability.
Recommended : MediaTek Benchmark Cheating : What Happened So Far
Memory + Storage
The OPPO Reno5 Pro comes with 12 GB of RAM, and 256 GB of storage. The larger storage capacity is important, because it does not support external storage through a microSD card.
The OPPO Reno5 Pro has a high-resolution 32 MP front camera, with an f/2.4 aperture. Despite its high resolution, it only supports 1080p video recording, at up to 30 fps.
In the back, it has a quad camera system that consists of :
- a 64 MP main camera, with f/1.7 aperture
- an 8 MP ultra-wide camera, with f/2.2 aperture
- a 2 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture, and
- a 2 MP depth sensor, with f/2.4 aperture
The 64 MP main camera can record videos at up to 4K @ 30 fps, or 1080p @ 60 fps.
Beyond that, OPPO is trying to promote their new Dual-View capability, which combines videos from both the front and rear cameras.
5G connectivity is a key selling point for the OPPO Reno5 Pro, which supports both 5G SA (Standalone) and 5G NSA (Non-Standalone) modes.
However, you are unlikely to be able to actually utilise this capability for quite some time, as the 5G rollout will take years.
Small Fast-Charging Battery
The OPPO Reno5 Pro has a small 2,175 mAh battery, but it supports 65 watt SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging capability.
And yes, it comes with the charger in-box.
OPPO Reno5 Pro : Specifications Compared
Here is our comparison of the key specifications of the Reno5 Pro with its cheaper brother, the Reno5 :
|Display||6.4-inch AMOLED||6.5-inch AMOLED|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|Pixel Density||410 ppi||402 ppi|
|Colour Gamut||93% DCI-P3
|430 nits to 600 nits||500 nits to 800 nits|
|90 Hz refresh rate
180 Hz sampling rate
|Operating System||ColorOS 11.1 (Android 11)|
|Memory||8 GB||12 GB|
|Storage Options||128 GB||256 GB|
|Front Camera||32 MP (f/2.4)|
|Rear Cameras||64 MP (f/1.7) main camera
8 MP (f/2.2) ultra-wide camera
2 MP (f/2.4) macro camera
2 MP (f/2.4) depth sensor
|Connectivity||5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-5
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-6
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|GPS Support||GPS, Gelileo, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS|
|Fingerprint Sensor||In Display|
|Other Sensors||Geomagnetic, Proximity, Optical, Pedometer
Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyroscope
|Battery||2,150 mAh||2,175 mAh|
|Charging||65 watt wired|
|Weight||172 g||173 g|
OPPO Reno5 Pro : Price + Availability
The OPPO Reno5 Pro is available in the Galactic Silver and Starry Black colour options.
It will be available for purchase starting 27 January 2021, with a recommended retail price of :
- Malaysia : RM2,599, which is about US$643 / £468 / A$827
- Singapore : S$899
Here are direct purchase / pre-order options online :
- OPPO Reno5 Smartphone : 5G + 64 MP Camera Combo!
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra Compared!
- Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Deals
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Exynos 2100 : What You Need To Know!
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T : New Entry-Level 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T : New Entry-Level 48MP Smartphone!
- Nokia 3.4 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It?
- Nokia 8.3 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It!
- Samsung Galaxy A42 : Affordable 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Will Ship Without Charger : Good Or Bad?
- How Fast Can You Type On The Galaxy Tab S7 Keyboard?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Acer Enduro : New Range of Rugged MIL-810G Devices!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!