OPPO just launched their Reno5 smartphone, offering consumers a mid-range 5G and 64 MP camera combo!
Take a look at what the OPPO Reno5 offers, and find out if it’s worth the price!
OPPO Reno5 Smartphone : 5G + 64 MP Camera Combo!
OPPO is introducing the Reno5 as their most affordable 5G smartphone, paired with a 64 MP camera system.
Let’s start with this presentation on the OPPO Reno5.
The OPPO Reno5 comes with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
This display has a rather high colour gamut of 135% sRGB, when set to the Vivid mode, with a maximum brightness of 600 nits.
You can toggle between a 60 Hz and 90 Hz refresh rate, and the display has a 180 Hz sampling rate.
The OPPO Reno5 is powered by the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, which has eight CPU cores :
- 1 x Kryo 475 Prime (Cortex-A76) core @ 2.4 GHz
- 1 x Kryo 475 Gold (Cortex-A76) core @ 2.2 GHz
- 6 x Kryo 475 Silver (Cortex-A55) cores @ 1.8 GHz
They are paired with the Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU, which is clocked 10% higher than the older Snapdragon 765.
Memory + Storage
The OPPO Reno5 comes with 8 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of storage. The limited storage may be an issue, because it does not support external storage through a microSD card.
The OPPO Reno5 has a high-resolution 32 MP front camera, with an f/2.4 aperture. Despite its high resolution, it only supports 1080p video recording, at up to 30 fps.
In the back, it has a quad camera system that consists of :
- a 64 MP main camera, with f/1.7 aperture
- an 8 MP ultra-wide camera, with f/2.2 aperture
- a 2 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture, and
- a 2 MP depth sensor, with f/2.4 aperture
The 64 MP main camera can record videos at up to 4K @ 30 fps, or 1080p @ 60 fps.
Beyond that, OPPO is trying to promote their new Dual-View capability, which combines videos from both the front and rear cameras.
5G connectivity is a key selling point for the OPPO Reno5, which supports both 5G SA (Standalone) and 5G NSA (Non-Standalone) modes.
However, you are unlikely to be able to actually utilise this capability for quite some time, as the 5G rollout will take years.
Small Fast-Charging Battery
The OPPO Reno5 has a small 2,150 mAh battery, but it supports 65 watt SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging capability.
And yes, it comes with the charger in-box.
OPPO Reno5 : Specifications Compared
Here is our comparison of the key specifications of the Reno5 with its more expensive brother, the Reno5 Pro :
|Display||6.4-inch AMOLED||6.5-inch AMOLED|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|Pixel Density||410 ppi||402 ppi|
|Colour Gamut||93% DCI-P3
|430 nits to 600 nits||500 nits to 800 nits|
|90 Hz refresh rate
180 Hz sampling rate
|Operating System||ColorOS 11.1 (Android 11)|
|Memory||8 GB||12 GB|
|Storage Options||128 GB||256 GB|
|Front Camera||32 MP (f/2.4)|
|Rear Cameras||64 MP (f/1.7) main camera
8 MP (f/2.2) ultra-wide camera
2 MP (f/2.4) macro camera
2 MP (f/2.4) depth sensor
|Connectivity||5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-5
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-6
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|GPS Support||GPS, Gelileo, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS|
|Fingerprint Sensor||In Display|
|Other Sensors||Geomagnetic, Proximity, Optical, Pedometer
Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyroscope
|Battery||2,150 mAh||2,175 mAh|
|Charging||65 watt wired|
|Weight||172 g||173 g|
OPPO Reno5 : Price + Availability
The OPPO Reno5 is available in the Galactic Silver and Starry Black colour options.
It will be available for purchase starting 27 January 2021, with a recommended retail price of :
- Malaysia : RM1,899, which is about US$469 / £342 / A$605
- Singapore : S$699
Here are direct purchase / pre-order options online :
- OPPO Reno5 Pro Powered By MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus!
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra Compared!
- Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Deals
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Exynos 2100 : What You Need To Know!
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T : New Entry-Level 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T : New Entry-Level 48MP Smartphone!
- Nokia 3.4 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It?
- Nokia 8.3 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It!
- Samsung Galaxy A42 : Affordable 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Will Ship Without Charger : Good Or Bad?
- How Fast Can You Type On The Galaxy Tab S7 Keyboard?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Acer Enduro : New Range of Rugged MIL-810G Devices!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!