OPPO just launched their Reno5 smartphone, offering consumers a mid-range 5G and 64 MP camera combo!
Take a look at what the OPPO Reno5 offers, and find out if it’s worth the price!
OPPO Reno5 Smartphone : 5G + 64 MP Camera Combo!
OPPO is introducing the Reno5 as their most affordable 5G smartphone, paired with a 64 MP camera system.
Let’s start with this presentation on the OPPO Reno5.
The OPPO Reno5 comes with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
This display has a rather high colour gamut of 135% sRGB, when set to the Vivid mode, with a maximum brightness of 600 nits.
You can toggle between a 60 Hz and 90 Hz refresh rate, and the display has a 180 Hz sampling rate.
The OPPO Reno5 is powered by the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, which has eight CPU cores :
- 1 x Kryo 475 Prime (Cortex-A76) core @ 2.4 GHz
- 1 x Kryo 475 Gold (Cortex-A76) core @ 2.2 GHz
- 6 x Kryo 475 Silver (Cortex-A55) cores @ 1.8 GHz
They are paired with the Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU, which is clocked 10% higher than the older Snapdragon 765.
Memory + Storage
The OPPO Reno5 comes with 8 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of storage. The limited storage may be an issue, because it does not support external storage through a microSD card.
The OPPO Reno5 has a high-resolution 32 MP front camera, with an f/2.4 aperture. Despite its high resolution, it only supports 1080p video recording, at up to 30 fps.
In the back, it has a quad camera system that consists of :
- a 64 MP main camera, with f/1.7 aperture
- an 8 MP ultra-wide camera, with f/2.2 aperture
- a 2 MP macro camera, with f/2.4 aperture, and
- a 2 MP depth sensor, with f/2.4 aperture
The 64 MP main camera can record videos at up to 4K @ 30 fps, or 1080p @ 60 fps.
Beyond that, OPPO is trying to promote their new Dual-View capability, which combines videos from both the front and rear cameras.
5G connectivity is a key selling point for the OPPO Reno5, which supports both 5G SA (Standalone) and 5G NSA (Non-Standalone) modes.
However, you are unlikely to be able to actually utilise this capability for quite some time, as the 5G rollout will take years.
Small Fast-Charging Battery
The OPPO Reno5 has a small 2,150 mAh battery, but it supports 65 watt SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging capability.
And yes, it comes with the charger in-box.
OPPO Reno5 : Specifications Compared
Here is our comparison of the key specifications of the Reno5 with its more expensive brother, the Reno5 Pro :
|Display||6.4-inch AMOLED||6.5-inch AMOLED|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|Pixel Density||410 ppi||402 ppi|
|Colour Gamut||93% DCI-P3
|430 nits to 600 nits||500 nits to 800 nits|
|90 Hz refresh rate
180 Hz sampling rate
|Operating System||ColorOS 11.1 (Android 11)|
|Memory||8 GB||12 GB|
|Storage Options||128 GB||256 GB|
|Front Camera||32 MP (f/2.4)|
|Rear Cameras||64 MP (f/1.7) main camera
8 MP (f/2.2) ultra-wide camera
2 MP (f/2.4) macro camera
2 MP (f/2.4) depth sensor
|Connectivity||5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-5
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|5G / 4G / 3G / 2G
Wi-Fi : WiFi-6
Bluetooth : BT 5.1
USB : Type C
|GPS Support||GPS, Gelileo, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS|
|Fingerprint Sensor||In Display|
|Other Sensors||Geomagnetic, Proximity, Optical, Pedometer
Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyroscope
|Battery||2,150 mAh||2,175 mAh|
|Charging||65 watt wired|
|Weight||172 g||173 g|
OPPO Reno5 : Price + Availability
The OPPO Reno5 is available in the Galactic Silver and Starry Black colour options.
It will be available for purchase starting 27 January 2021, with a recommended retail price of :
- Malaysia : RM1,899, which is about US$469 / £342 / A$605
- Singapore : S$699
Here are direct purchase / pre-order options online :
- OPPO Reno5 Pro Powered By MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus!
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra Compared!
- Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Deals
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 : What You Need To Know!
- Samsung Exynos 2100 : What You Need To Know!
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T : New Entry-Level 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T : New Entry-Level 48MP Smartphone!
- Nokia 3.4 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It?
- Nokia 8.3 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It!
- Samsung Galaxy A42 : Affordable 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Will Ship Without Charger : Good Or Bad?
- How Fast Can You Type On The Galaxy Tab S7 Keyboard?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Acer Enduro : New Range of Rugged MIL-810G Devices!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!