OPPO just unveiled 125W Flash Charge and 65W AirVOOC – the fastest battery charging technologies in the world!
Find out if these new OPPO flash charging technologies are really useful, or just vapourware!
OPPO 125W Flash Charge | 65W AirVOOC : A Quick Primer
OPPO 125W Flash Charge is a wired fast-charging technology, that is built around a Double 6C cell battery, with multiple tab winding technology, and three parallel charge pumps.
This allows it to recharge a 4,000 mAh battery to 41% in 5 minutes, and to full capacity in just 20 minutes! Crazy fast!
OPPO 65W AirVOOC, on the other hand, is their improved wireless fast charging technology that will deliver the same performance as wired 65W SuperVOOC fast charging.
By using parallel dual charging coils, it can fully recharge a 4,000 mAh battery in just 30 minutes! Crazy fast for wireless charging!
Recommended : OPPO 125W Wired + 65W Wireless Charging Tech Details!
OPPO 125W Flash Charge | 65W AirVOOC : Vapourware?
First, we have to point out that these are, as far as we know, still prototypes that may or may not make it to the market.
After all, OPPO announced their 120W Super FlashCharge last year, and nothing come of it. No phone launched with 120W flash charging capability, not even from OPPO.
So will OPPO introduce 125W flash charging or 65W AirVOOC? Unlikely anytime soon.
For one thing, they are brand new, only in prototype stage, and would be prohibitively expensive to add to any smartphone.
Smartphone manufacturers, whether OPPO or another brand, will need to test and certify the safety of these new battery charging technologies.
On top of that, they have to consider the cost. Apple and Samsung are reputedly considering removing bundled chargers to reduce cost.
Will any smartphone brand be willing to allocate a bigger cost budget for 125W Flash Charge or 65W AirVOOC capability? We doubt it…
OPPO 125W Flash Charge | 65W AirVOOC : Useful?
The OPPO 125W Flash Charge and 65W AirVOOC technologies are incredibly impressive, from a technical perspective.
We would personally love it if all smartphones come with it. However, will consumers pay top dollar for a particular smartphone just because it has 125W Flash Charge or 65W AirVOOC capability?
We doubt it. After all, how often do you really need to recharge your smartphone?
Smartphones now have much larger batteries, and the industry has made great strides in reducing power consumption. Most smartphones can now easily last 10-12 hours on a single charge, with heavy use :
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : 11 hours 32 minutes
- Black Shark 2 Pro : 12 hours 25 minutes
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ : 10 hours 32 minutes
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ : 10 hours 17 minutes
At most, you will need to recharge your smartphone at the end of your work day, and that takes what – just 60 to 90 minutes with a regular fast charger?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : 57.5 minutes
- Black Shark 2 Pro : 67 minutes
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ : 63 minutes
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ : 91.6 minutes
So, in our humble opinion, the 125W OPPO Flash Charge is nothing more than a technology showcase that will unlikely be introduced in any smartphone anytime soon.
What We Are Rooting For : 65W AirVOOC!
The OPPO 65W AirVOOC technology, on the other hand, has the potential to be a real game changer. Wireless charging is the future.
That said, its current implementation, which requires two Peltier heat pumps to keep cool, is not practical, and highly inefficient.
But if OPPO can improve it to the point it only requires a fan to keep cool, or better still – passive cooling, everyone will want to implement 65W AirVOOC!
So we are rooting for OPPO to continue improving AirVOOC, particularly their work on single coil wireless flash charging, which should reduce thermal output.
- vivo X50 + X50 Pro Gimbal Smartphones Compared!
- OPPO 125W Wired + 65W Wireless Charging Tech Details!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Price Leaks : Slightly Cheaper!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : Pre-Launch Sneak Peek
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus BTS Edition : Unboxing!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus BTS Edition : Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus BTS Edition : Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy A31 : 48MP Quad Camera System FTW!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Cloud White : Crisp, Clean Look!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Aura Red : Flaming Hot!
- Samsung Malaysia June 2020 QLED TV Deals!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 + FREE Galaxy Buds Deal!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Samsung Pay Now Supports Boost e-Wallet!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : 8K Video Goes Mainstream!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Redmi Note 9 Pro : Cheap 64 MP Quad Camera Smartphone!
- Samsung Galaxy Buds : Get Update For Buds+ Features!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro : 5G + 108MP Quad Camera Flagship!
- Xiaomi Mi 10 : Affordable 5G + 108MP Camera FTW!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro : How To Setup For The First Time!
- Samsung Galaxy A71 2020 : What You Need To Know!
- MediaTek Benchmark Cheating : What Happened So Far
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus : TWS Earbuds Tuned By AKG!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Guide : How To Set Up The First Time!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro 5G Preview : Visionary Photography!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Preview : Unfolding With Style!
- Samsung Link To Windows Guide : Work From Home Easier!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!