At around 4:55 PM today, the entire Maxis 4G LTE network went down, taking with it mobile broadband for all Maxis users. What should you do, if you are on the Maxis 4G LTE network?
The Maxis 4G LTE Network Is Down! What Should We Do?
When the Maxis 4G LTE network went down, it took all mobile Internet connectivity. So you won’t be able to use any Internet-based services like Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, etc. However, you can still make calls and send SMS messages.
Maxis was fast in addressing the issue, immediately putting out this Maxis 4G LTE network advisory when you call their 123 support number :
The key thing to note is that only their 4G LTE network is down. To restore Internet connectivity, you only need to switch to the 3G network.
Now this means you will experience slower Internet connectivity, but it’s better than no Internet at all. It should tide you over until they fix their 4G LTE network.
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Voice & Data
- Select 3G, instead of LTE or 4G
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks
- Click on Network mode
- Select 3G/2G (auto connect) or 3G only
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network
- Disable the 4G option
- Go to Settings > Dual SIM & Cellular > Preferred Network Type
- Select 3G/2G (Auto)
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- New 2018 MaxisONE Prime Offers Unlimited Data for Families!
- Introducing The CHEAPER Maxis Fibre Broadband Plans!
- The Maxis Zerolution360 Programme Explained + Analysed!
- Maxis ONEder Parent Celebrates Single Parents!
- The MaxisONE Prime All-In-One Family Plan Explained!
- MaxisONE Deals – 4G Smartphones At Just RM1!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!