The HUAWEI Kirin 9000 and Kirin 9000E lay claim to being the world’s first 5G mobile SoC built on the 5 nm process technology.
Find out what HUAWEI’s latest and possibly last 5G platforms offer, and how they differ!
Kirin 9000 | Kirin 9000E : World’s First 5nm 5G Mobile SoCs!
The Kirin 9000 and Kirin 9000E are HUAWEI’s most powerful mobile SoCs (System on a Chip) – the brains of their new Mate 40 Series smartphones.
Fabricated on the latest 5 nm EUV process technology, they pack a whopping 15.3 billion transistors. That’s 30% more transistors than the Apple A14, which HUAWEI makes a point to note.
They both have eight Arm Cortex cores, with a triple-tier architecture :
- a boosted Arm Cortex-A77 core running at 3.13 GHz
- three high-speed Arm Cortex-A77 cores running at 2.54 GHz
- four low-power Arm Cortex-A55 cores running at 2.05 GHz
HUAWEI claims that they will deliver 10% better performance with 25% better power efficiency than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+.
The Kirin 9000 has a 24-core Mali-G78 GPU that is supposedly 52% faster than the Snapdragon 865+, with 50% better power efficiency.
The Kirin 9000E has a 22-core Mali-G78 GPU, which should be slightly less powerful.
The Kirin 9000 has 2 Big-Core NPUs and 1 Tiny-Core NPU that deliver up to 2.4X better performance with 2.5X better power efficiency than the Snapdragon 865+.
The Kirin 9000E has just 1 Big-Core NPU and 1 Tiny-Core NPU.
Integrated 5G Modem
Both mobile SoCs come with an integrated Balong 5000 multi-mode 5G modem.
HUAWEI claims it offers up to 5X faster upload speeds and 2X faster download speeds than the separate Snapdragon X55 modem that is paired with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+.
They both also feature ISP 6.0 – their 6th generation image signal processor.
Compared to the Kirin 990, it offers 50% higher bandwidth, 48% better noise reduction capability, and better HDR video processing capability.
Kirin 9000 | Kirin 9000E : Specifications Compared
We created this table for an easier comparison of both mobile SoCs :
|Specifications||Kirin 9000||Kirin 9000E|
|Fab Process||5 nm EUV|
|CPU||1 x Arm Cortex-A77 (3.13 GHz)|
3 x Arm Cortex-A77 (2.54 GHz)
4 x Arm Cortex-A55 (2.05 GHz)
|NPU||2 x Big-Core|
1 x Tiny-Core
|1 x Big-Core|
1 x Tiny-Core
|GPU||Mali-G78 MP24||Mali-G78 MP22|
|LPDDR5 / LPDDR4X|
Kirin 9000 | Kirin 9000E : Availability
The Kirin 9000E will debut in the Mate 40 smartphone.
- HUAWEI Mate40 | Mate40 Pro | Mate40 Pro+ Details!
- HUAWEI Watch Fit Smartwatch Review
- HUAWEI MatePad T 10s : Hands-On Preview!
- Snapdragon vs Exynos vs Kirin : Battle Of The Flagships!
- Fact Check : Meng Wanzhou Released By Canadian Court?
- 2020 HUAWEI MatePad : Mid-Range Tablet With 2K Display!
- HUAWEI 9.9 Super Sale : The Full List Of Deals!
- HUAWEI 5G Aces GSMA NESAS Security Audit : The Impact?
- HUAWEI Malaysia : Repair + Warranty Deals (Limited Time)
- HUAWEI MatePad Pro In-Depth Review : A Great Bargain!
- Will BeiDou Give HUAWEI Phones FREE Calls + Internet?
- HUAWEI nova 7 SE Preview : Affordable 5G + 64MP Camera!
- HUAWEI Carnival June 2020 Deals + Vouchers!
- HUAWEI nova 7 Series : How To Install The Apps You Want!
- 2020 HUAWEI MateBook X Pro Review : Ultra-Light Beast!
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- HUAWEI MateDock 2 : A Nifty Little USB-C Dongle!
- Maxis Zerolution Deals On HUAWEI P40 | P40 Pro Revealed!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- HUAWEI P40 Pro : How To Setup For The First Time!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro 5G Preview : Visionary Photography!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro Plus : Key Features, Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI P40 Pro : Key Features, Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI P40 : Key Features, Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI Mate Xs Foldable Smartphone : Hands-On Preview!
- HUAWEI Mate Xs : Price + Deals In Malaysia!
- ASEAN Keeps 5G Ecosystem Door Open For HUAWEI!
- HUAWEI Completes 800G Optical Transport Trial In Zhejiang!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!