If you own an Apple iPhone or use an Apple MagSafe charger, please make sure you keep them away from medical devices!
Find out why you need to be careful about putting them in close proximity with medical devices!
iPhone 12 + MagSafe : As Safe As Older iPhone Models
On 23 January 2021, Apple updated their safety guidance on the magnets in their iPhones and MagSafe chargers.
It addressed the concerns about the radios and larger number of magnets used in their latest devices :
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- MagSafe Charger
- MagSafe Duo
Apple claims even though they contain more magnets than prior iPhone models, they are “not expected to pose a greater risk of magnetic interference to medical devices than prior iPhone models“.
Keep Your iPhone + MagSafe Away From Medical Devices!
While Apple does not believe that the risk is higher in these newer iPhone 12 models and MagSafe chargers, they also noted that the magnets and radios could pose a risk to medical devices in close proximity.
Therefore, Apple recommends that you keep ALL iPhone models and MagSafe chargers away from medical devices, like pacemakers and defibrillators.
- more than 6 inches or 15 cm apart, or
- more than 12 inches or 30 cm apart if wirelessly charging
They also advised all users to stop using their iPhone or MagSafe accessories, if they suspect that they may be interfering with medical devices.
Note : This does NOT mean that the magnetic fields or wireless emissions of your iPhone or MagSafe accessories are dangerous to your health. They only pose a risk to medical devices.
Safety Guidance On iPhone + MagSafe Magnets + Radios
Here is Apple’s latest safety guidance on iPhone and MagSafe magnets and radios :
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra : Our Hands-On Preview!
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Exynos 2100 : What You Need To Know!
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T : New Entry-Level 5G Smartphone!
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T : New Entry-Level 48MP Smartphone!
- Nokia 3.4 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It?
- Nokia 8.3 Camera New Year Failure : How To Fix It!
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 : How Good Is Its Main Camera?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE : How Good Is Its Camera?
- Apple M1 : How Fast Are Its CPU + GPU?
- Apple M1 Gaming : Watch It Run The Witcher 3! 😲
- Mac Camera Cover Guide : Why Apple Is Wrong!
- Warning : Using A Camera Cover Can Damage Your MacBook!
Support Tech ARP!