The modern world is noisy, and that’s why so many people are turning to ANC earbuds like the new HUAWEI FreeBuds 3.
In this article, we will take a look at how HUAWEI Freebuds 3 delivers superior ANC for both voice and audio, giving it a leg-up over the competitors!
Why Active Noise Cancellation?
For decades, we have been relying on over-ear headphones to reduce external noise from disrupting our enjoyment of music and movies. The covering of our ears with padded ear cups is what’s called passive noise cancellation or reduction.
Some of us even resort to in-ear earphones, where the ear buds are inserted directly into the ear canals. Again, they serve to passively block noise from the outside.
Both of these passive noise cancelling solutions help, but they only offer minimal noise reduction. And even worse – they are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) delivers far better noise cancellation, and it does this without using thick padding or requiring you to insert anything into your ear canals.
That’s why everyone wants active noise cancelling earphones – once you tried one, you will never go back!
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) offers active noise cancellation in an open fit in-ear design, which offers maximum comfort; with a Dolphin Bionic Design to ensure a better fit.
HUAWEI Kirin A1
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) is powered by the Kirin A1 – the world’s first Bluetooth 5.1 SoC. This allows it deliver a stable and fast Bluetooth connection for accurate audio and video synchronisation.
HUAWEI Isochronous Dual Channel Transmission Technology
The HUAWEI Isochronous Dual Channel Transmission technology transmits audio data to each ear bud synchronously and separately, to reduce latency and ensure accurate synchronisation.
Active Noise Cancellation
The Kirin A1 has a fast 356 MHz audio processor, which allows the FreeBuds 3 to capture and cancel background noise in real-time. This allows you to enjoy your music, or calls, even in noisy environments.
Tests have shown that ambient noise is reduced by half, even sudden loud noises like train brakes and car honks.
HUAWEI also allows you to adjust 9 different parameters to fine-tune its noise cancellation performance for more challenging environments.
Bone Conduction Sensor + Aerodynamic Mic Duct
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) does not just reduce noise to your ears, it also reduces noise when you speak!
Its microphones have an aerodynamic duct design to reduce wind noise, and it uses bone conduction voice sensors to pick up your voice vibrations.
When the ambient noise levels are too high, it uses your bone conduction vibrations to enhance the quality of your calls, making sure that your voice is clearly heard above hubbub around you!
14 mm Driver + Bass Tube
In addition to a 14 mm dynamic driver, each ear bud has a bass tube tucked right behind, delivering a louder and punchier bass.
Unlike most earphones that use SBC or aptX, HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 uses AAC coding – the only Bluetooth audio codec that makes use of psychoacoustic modelling to compress the data.
AAC coding delivers significantly better audio quality with lower latency and power consumption. However, it is a processing-intensive codec.
Hence, HUAWEI advises that you pair the FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) with HUAWEI smartphones, because they are designed to encode audio using the AAC codec, instead of the more common SBC or aptX codecs.
Long Battery Life
Thanks to the highly-efficient Kirin A1 chip, the FreeBuds 3 can last 4 hours of non-stop music playback with active noise cancellation turned on.
Its carry case doubles as a portable charger, allowing you to recharge the FreeBuds 3 up to four times!
It even supports wireless charging, so you can use any smartphone that supports Qi wireless charging to recharge the FreeBuds 3 and its charging case!
Super Fast Pairing!
HUAWEI designed the FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) for easy and fast pairing. Even pairing them for the first time to a HUAWEI smartphone is as simple as tapping on the pop-up window to confirm the pairing!
Thereafter, your FreeBuds 3 will automatically turn on and pair with your HUAWEI smartphone when you open its charging case.
Watch how fast it turns on and connects to the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro! Hint – it’s less than a second!
Recommended : Why FreeBuds 3 Is The Best Alternative To AirPods Pro!
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 Specifications
|Specifications||HUAWEI FreeBuds 3|
|Platform||HUAWEI Kirin A1|
|Driver||14.2 mm dynamic driver|
|Noise Cancellation||Active Noise Cancellation|
|Battery||30 mAh per ear bud
410 mAh (charging case)
|Battery Life||4 hours (ear buds only)
20 hours (with charging case)
|Charging||Wired : USB Type C (6 W)
Wireless : Qi (2 W)
|Charging Time||Charging Case : 1 hour (wired)
Ear Buds : 1 hour (in charging case)
|Ear Bud Dimensions||41.5 mm x 20.4 mm x 17.8 mm|
|Charging Case Dimensions||60.9 mm x 60.9 mm x 21.8 mm|
|Weight||Ear Bud : 4.5 g (each)
Charging Case : 48 g
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 Price + Availability
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) is available in two colour options – Carbon Black and Ceramic White, with the recommended retail price of RM 679 / ~US$163 / £139.99 / ~A$239.99 / S$219.
You can purchase it directly from HUAWEI Malaysia here! For more information, see HUAWEI’s FB post!
Here are some online purchase links, with prices accurate as of 1 December 2019 :
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Why FreeBuds 3 Is The Best Alternative To AirPods Pro!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Roadshow Deals Revealed!
- HUAWEI Y9s vs HONOR 9X Comparison : 48 MP vs 48 MP!
- HUAWEI Y9s Price, Specifications + Offer for Malaysia!
- HUAWEI X GENTLE MONSTER Eyewear : The Full Details!
- HUAWEI WiFi Q2 Pro : What Does This WiFi Router Offer?
- 5 Ways How HUAWEI Smart Life Devices Boost Productivity!
- Experience Life of the Future with HUAWEI Smart Life Devices!
- The HUAWEI Mate 30 | Mate 30 Pro Referral Program Guide!
- How HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro Captures 7680 FPS Video!
- HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 + Other Wearables Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI Phone Clone : Foolproof Way To Bypass Trump Ban?
- The HUAWEI 7680 FPS + ISO 25600 Video Showcase!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Colour Comparison!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Price + Deals For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 + Other Wearables Price In Malaysia!
- New HUAWEI P30 Pro Misty Lavender Available NOW!
- New HUAWEI P30 Pro Mystic Blue Available NOW!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Rewards Guide For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro – 4G vs 5G Price + Specifications!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Price, Specifications + Colour Options!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Rewards Guide For Malaysia!
- Forbes Is SHOCKED That HUAWEI P30 Pro Got New Colours!
- 5 Reasons To Buy HUAWEI nova 5T Tomorrow For RM1,599!
- HUAWEI nova 5T – Flagship Performance With 5 AI Cameras!
- HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite Price + Pre-Order For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI nova 5T Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Confirmed!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Preview – 5 Cameras FTW!
- HUAWEI nova 5T : Global Debut @ KL Fashion Week 2019!
- HUAWEI EMUI 10 – Everything You Need To Know!
- The Mid-2019 HUAWEI Price Cut Details + Analysis
- EMUI 9.1 : What’s New + How To Get This New Mobile OS!
- The HUAWEI No Worries Promotion + Redemption Details!
- HUAWEI Sold 10 MILLION P30 Smartphones In 85 Days!
- The PRO Mode Photography Guide For HUAWEI P30 Series!
- Win $20K + HUAWEI P30 Pro In These Photography Contests!
- How The P30 Leica Camera Rewrites The Rules Of Photography!
Go Back To > Mobile + Wearables | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!