EMUI 9.1 is latest operating system for HUAWEI smartphones. It will not just power future HUAWEI smartphones, it will be offered as an upgrade for existing devices!
Despite its name, EMUI 9.1 is a major upgrade. Here is our guide on the SEVEN new features that EMUI 9.1 will introduce.
We will also share with you what new features will be available in which model, and when and how to get EMUI 9.1!
EMUI 9.1 Feature #1 : New EROFS File System
Availability : All upgraded models, except HUAWEI Y9 (2018) and HUAWEI nova 3e.
EMUI 9.1 introduces a new EROFS (Extendable Read-Only File System) file system, to replace the F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System).
It promises to deliver better random read performance, and more storage space, through better file compression. In addition, its read-only design offers better protection for system files.
EMUI 9.1 Feature #2 : GPU Turbo 3.0
Availability : All upgraded models
This new version of GPU Turbo now supports 25 of the most popular mobile games – up from just 6 games previously.
GPU Turbo 3.0 will also reduce power consumption by up to 10%, while optimising system performance for a better gaming performance.
EMUI 9.1 Feature #3 : HUAWEI AR Measure
EMUI 9.1 adds a new AR Measure app, which lets you accurately measure length, total area and volume using your HUAWEI smartphone’s ToF camera.
It also uses the built-in Face Recognition technology to measure the height of a person, by scanning him/her from head to toe!
EMUI 9.1 Feature #4 : HUAWEI OneTap Share
Availability : Only HUAWEI Mate and P series
HUAWEI OneTap Share is an improved version of the HUAWEI Share app.
It lets you easily copy and paste between devices. You can also send photos, videos and documents from your HUAWEI smartphone to your computer with a simple tap.
And it is fast – it takes only 35 seconds to send 1GB of data wirelessly to a different device or computer!
On top of that, it works as a quick game recording app. Just shake and touch your HUAWEI smartphone to your computer while you’re playing a game, and it will automatically record a 60-second video!
EMUI 9.1 Feature #5 : Improved HUAWEI Vlog
The HUAWEI Vlog app has been improved with new features and effects, and will make it easier for you to edit your videos and share them with one tap.
Its Highlight feature will automatically edit your videos with dramatic filters, with the option to apply special speed effects and background music.
EMUI 9.1 Feature #6 : Video Ringtone
Availability : All upgraded models
You will now be able to use a video clip for your ringtone. This will give you both animation and new sound effects for your incoming calls!
EMUI 9.1 Feature #7 : Moon Mode
Availability : Only Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20X
Powered by AI algorithms, the new Moon Mode will help the Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X smartphones take better photos of the moon, by recognising and optimising details in the photo.
EMUI 9.1 Upgrade Availability Updated!
Here is the updated EMUI 9.1 upgrade schedule :
From 12 June 2019 onwards :
- HUAWEI Nova 3e
- HUAWEI Y9 (2018)
From 27 June 2019 onwards :
- HUAWEI Mate 20
- HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
- HUAWEI Mate 20 X
- HUAWEI Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
From July 2019 onwards :
- HUAWEI P20
- HUAWEI P20 Pro
- HUAWEI nova 3
- HUAWEI nova 3i
- HUAWEI nova 4
- HUAWEI nova 4e
- HUAWEI Mate 10
- HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro
- HUAWEI Mate 10 RS Porsche Design
- HUAWEI Mate 9
- HUAWEI Mate 9 Pro
- HUAWEI Mate 9 RS Porsche Design
- HUAWEI Y9 (2019)
From August 2019 onwards :
- HUAWEI Mate RS
- HUAWEI P10
- HUAWEI P10 Plus
- HUAWEI Mate 9
- HUAWEI Mate 20 Lite
- HUAWEI P30 Lite
- HUAWEI Psmart 2019
- HUAWEI Y6 Pro (2019)
- HUAWEI Y5 (2019)
The dates above may be subject to change, but they are indicative of what models will receive the EMUI 9.1 update, and roughly when they will receive it.
The updated dates and list of supported devices will be posted at the bottom of this HUAWEI page.
How To Get The EMUI 9.1 Upgrade![adrotate group=”2″]
If your smartphone is in the list above, open the HiCare app, and click on ‘Apply’ to sign up for the new EMUI 9.1 experience!
Once the update is available for your device, you can open the HiCare app, click on Update and then Download.
If your smartphone is not in the list, you can upgrade to the latest HUAWEI smartphones, which are being offered at great prices!
- Four More HUAWEI Smartphones To Get EMUI 9.1 Upgrade!
- The HUAWEI No Worries Promotion + Redemption Details!
- HUAWEI Sold 10 MILLION P30 Smartphones In 85 Days!
- Trump Lifts HUAWEI Ban – No Great National Emergency!
- Why Futurewei, HUAWEI R&D Arm, Cut Ties With HQ!
- HUAWEI Calls FedEx Repeated Delivery Failures A Vendetta!
- FedEx Reverses HUAWEI Ban, Calls It “Operational Error”
- FedEx Refused To Deliver HUAWEI P30 Due To Trump Ban!
- The HUAWEI Trump Ban – Everything You Need To Know!
- The HUAWEI Windows 10 On ARM Laptop – Will It Succeed?
- The IEEE Reverses HUAWEI Ban After Just 4 Days!
- HUAWEI HK Smartphones Bricked After Automatic Updates!
- HUAWEI Bluetooth + WiFi + SD + Android Q Rights Restored!
- The HUAWEI WiFi Alliance Suspension Clarified!
- HUAWEI Legal Motion Too Late, But China Has A Trump Card!
- HUAWEI Outsmarts SD + microSD Ban With NM Card!
- The HUAWEI ARM Business Suspension – How Bad Is This?
- The PRO Mode Photography Guide For HUAWEI P30 Series!
- Win $20K + HUAWEI P30 Pro In These Photography Contests!
- How The P30 Leica Camera Rewrites The Rules Of Photography!
- HUAWEI P30 Pro SuperZoom Samples From Blue Concert!
- 2019 HUAWEI Watch GT Active | Elegant Prices + Availability!
- The 2019 HUAWEI MateBook 13 Price + Deals Revealed!
- The HUAWEI P30 Pro Price + Deals + Colour Comparison!
- The HUAWEI P30 Colour + Price + Deal Comparison!
- HUAWEI P30 Malaysia Launch With Incredible Prices + Deals!
- The HUAWEI P30 Pro vs HUAWEI P30 Comparison Guide!
- HUAWEI P30 Pro + P30 Price List + Colours + Specifications!
- Three Key HUAWEI P30 Camera Features Revealed!
- HUAWEI P30 Super Zoom Photos Of Wang Lee Hom!
- Celebrities Leak Pre-Wedding Photos Taken By HUAWEI P30!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!