Is your brand-new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 arriving soon? Take a look at what to expect inside the box, and just how easy it is to setup!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Unboxing : What’s In The Box?
When you get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5, you will notice just how slim the box is. Inside, you will find only these items:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 smartphone
- Set of documents – quick start guide in two languages, and a warranty card
- USB Type C to Type C cable
- SIM card extractor pin
Despite supporting faster 25 watt charging, the Galaxy Z Flip5 does not come with any charger in the box. You won’t find any USB Type C earphones tuned by AKG either. Not even a TPU case to hold you over until you get a better case.
Recommended : Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Unboxing + First Impressions!
How To Setup Galaxy Z Flip5 : Step-By-Step Instructions
It is very easy to setup the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 as a new device. However, please note that the Galaxy Z Flip5 setup process will take about 8 minutes or so.
- Press the Power button to start up your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 smartphone.
It only will take 9 seconds to boot up for the first time.
- In the Welcome screen, it will default to English (or the default language for your region).
If you need to change the language, tap on the current language, and select the language you prefer.
There is also an Accessibility option below the Start button for those who need it.
- Once you’re ready, click Start to begin the setup process.
You can skip sending Samsung your Diagnostic Data.
- In the next screen, you will have the option to migrate your settings and accounts from your existing device.
If you prefer to set up the Galaxy Z Flip5 as a new device, tap on the option to Set up manually.
- Next, you will be asked to log into your Wi-Fi network for Internet connectivity.
Select your Wi-Fi network and key in the password to connect.
- Once your Galaxy Z Flip5 connects to the Wi-Fi network, it will try to connect to the mobile network.
This is when you will be asked to insert a SIM card, or set up your mobile network using an e-SIM.
To do all that later, simply tap on the option to Set up later.
- The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 will now take about 23 seconds to get some stuff ready.
- After that is done, you are given the option to copy your apps and data from your old smartphone.
This is a long process, which you can do now, or do it later after setting up the Galaxy Z Flip5.
To do it later, or set it up as a new device, simply tap on the Don’t copy option.
- Now you will be asked to log into your Google Account, or create a new one.
To skip for now and do it after setting up the phone, click on Skip.
- Next, you will be given the option of disabling certain Google services.
Generally, I would recommend leaving them enabled, except sending Google your usage and diagnostic data.
- Now, you will be asked to protect your Galaxy Z Flip5 by selecting a preferred login method – Face recognition, Fingerprints, PIN, Password, or Pattern.
- If you select the Face Recognition or Fingerprints option, you will need to select a secure screen lock method using Pattern, PIN or Password.
- Next, you will need to go through the Face Recognition / Fingerprints training process.
Please note that the fingerprint sensor is built into the Power button on the right side.
- After setting up your fingerprints, you will be asked if you would like to download the Smart Tutor app.
Despite its name, this is actually a remote access tool that allows Samsung support staff to remotely diagnose your device.
Tap Next to continue and install the app.
- Now, you will be asked to log into your Samsung account, or create a new one.
You can choose not to use a Samsung account, or do it later.
Until you use a Samsung account though, you won’t be able to access certain Samsung services.
- You will now have the opportunity to turn off certain Samsung apps and services.
These are all key features that will greatly impact your use of the Galaxy Z Flip5, so I recommend that you leave them all enabled.
- Next, you will have the option of selecting either a Light or a Dark theme.
Select whichever you prefer and tap Next.
- After that, you will be given a list of advice on how to take care of your Galaxy Z Flip5.
Arguably, the most important advice would be to avoid scratching the foldable display, or applying any film to the display.
You should also keep the Galaxy Z Flip5 away from credit cards and implanted medical devices.
Tap Next once you are done reading.
That’s it! You have successfully setup the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 as a new device!
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 : Price + Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 comes in four main colour options:
- Graphite – legacy colour
- Lavender – similar to Bora Purple, their signature colour for the Z Flip 4
- Mint – new colour
- Cream – new colour
In addition, Samsung will offer these four colours exclusively on their online store:
These are the available models and launch prices for the Galaxy Z Flip5 :
- 8 GB + 256 GB : US$999.99 / £1,049 / A$1,649 / RM4,499
- 8 GB + 512 GB : US$1,199.99 / £1,149 / A$1,849 / RM4,999
Just in case you are wondering, the launch prices for the Galaxy Z Flip5 only went up by RM100 (~US$22 / £17 / A$33 / S$29) over the launch prices for the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Here are some online per-order and purchase options for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 :
- United States : Amazon
- United Kingdom : Amazon
- Australia : Amazon
- Singapore : Shopee | Lazada
- Malaysia : Shopee | Lazada
Read more : Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 : Colour Comparison!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Preview In All 4 Colours!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 Preview In All 3 Colours!
- The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy A54 Review : Tech ARP Editor’s Choice!
- Samsung Galaxy A54 (Exynos 1380) Performance Review!
Support Tech ARP!