One of the Samsung Galaxy Note9‘s most revolutionary features is its new Bluetooth S Pen. Everyone knows what it can do as a stylus, but here are FOURTEEN Galaxy Note9 S Pen features and tips that most people are completely oblivious to!
2018-10-04 : Upgraded to The Ultimate Galaxy Note9 S Pen Features + Tips Guide with additional tips and how-to instructions.
2018-09-03 : Originally posted as The 7 Secret Galaxy Note9 S Pen Features You Never Knew!
The Ultimate Galaxy Note9 S Pen Guide
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 S Pen looks deceptively like the S Pen from before.
But that’s where all similarity ends.
What You Probably Know About The Note9 S Pen[adrotate group=”2″]
- The Note9 S Pen Is A Bluetooth Device!
- The Note9 S Pen Is A Remote Control!
- The Note9 S Pen Battery Life
- It Writes In Its Signature Colour!
What You Don’t Know About The Note9 S Pen
- It Will Work Even With Bluetooth Disabled!
- You Can Use It To UNLOCK Your Galaxy Note9!
- Never Lose Your Note9 S Pen!
- It Is Powered By A Supercapacitor!
- How To Check The Note9 S Pen’s Power Level
- The Note9 S Pen Has TWO Power Sources!
- How To Disable The S Pen Remote Control
- How To Connect Another S Pen
- How To Reset Your S Pen
- The Power Of S Pen Hovering
Where To Buy The Galaxy Note9
Here are some direct links to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note9 in Malaysia.
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 with 128 GB storage : RM 3,699 (Web | App)
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 with 512 GB storage : RM 4,599 (Web | App)
Here are some direct links to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note9 in the US.
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128 GB, International Unlocked) : $849
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128 GB, US Unlocked) : $999.99
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 (512 GB, International Unlocked) : $1,214
- Samsung Galaxy Note9 (512 GB, US Unlocked) : $999.99
What You Probably Know About The Note9 S Pen
Let’s run through what you probably know about the Note9 S Pen, since Samsung has been promoting them.
The Note9 S Pen Is A Bluetooth Device!
For the first time, S Pen communicates with the Samsung Galaxy Note9 via Bluetooth Low Energy. Opening it up reveals that the new S Pen uses the Dialog DA13580 Bluetooth Smart SoC.
The Note9 S Pen Is A Remote Control!
The Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity lets you use the shutter button to remotely perform a variety of tasks.
- Hold the shutter button to open any app you wish. By default, it launches the Camera app.
- When the camera is activated, press the shutter button once to take a picture, or twice to switch between the front and main cameras.
- Press the shutter button once to go forward in an app or browser, or twice to go backwards.
You can customise this remote control feature in Settings > Advanced features > S Pen > S Pen remote.[adrotate group=”1″]
The Note9 S Pen Battery Life
This S Pen will last a good 30 minutes once it is ejected from its dock, or up to 200 clicks – whichever occurs first.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note9 will alert you when the S Pen’s battery is down to 15%, with more reminders as the battery level drops.
It Writes In A Signature Colour!
Like previous versions, you can pop out the S Pen to immediately jot your thoughts using the Screen Off Memo feature.
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 though introduces the ability to write in its signature colour!
The Ocean Blue S Pen will write in bright yellow, while the Midnight Black S Pen will write in silver, the Lavender Purple S Pen will write in purple, and the Metallic Copper S Pen will write in brown.
The only downside? The Samsung Notes app has not been updated with the ability to change its background to black.
If you prefer to write in the standard silver colour, go to Settings > Advanced features > S Pen > Screen Off Memo and disable Use S Pen signature colour.
Next Page > What You Don’t Know About The Note9 S Pen
Support Tech ARP!