Apple AirPods Pro are a popular choice for those who want active noise cancelling earbuds, but there is actually a better alternative – the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3.
Don’t believe us? Find out why the FreeBuds 3 is a superior alternative to the AirPods Pro!
Why FreeBuds 3 Is The Best Alternative To AirPods Pro!
Reason #1 : Low Latency Bluetooth Connectivity
One of the biggest problems affecting Bluetooth earbuds is latency – the delay from when the audio data is transmitted to the earbuds, and when the sound emits from the speakers.
High latency causes the sounds and images of the movie you are watching to go out of sync. It is also a big problem in games, where audio cues can mean the difference between winning and losing!
Most TWS (True Wireless Stereo) earbuds like the AirPods Pro uses a binaural single-channel connection, where the smartphone transmits the audio data to the primary earbud, which then forwards one of the channels to the secondary earbud.
This is simpler to implement, but results in greater latency and higher power consumption by the primary earbud.
A select few TWS earbuds use dual-channel transmissions to both earbuds simultaneously, which reduces latency but results in higher power consumption by both earbuds.
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 avoids both issues because it uses their proprietary Isochronous Dual Channel Transmission technology to transmit the left and right channels to each earbud synchronously and separately.
This reduces latency to just 190 ms (lower than the AirPods Pro), ensuring accurate synchronisation, while reducing power consumption!
Reason #2 : Less Chance Of Interference
In public places, interference is a big issue because there is an abundance of both active Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices, and they are all using the same 2.4 GHz spectrum!
This may result in higher audio latencies, or even worse – a disconnection of one or both earbuds from your smartphone!
The HUAWEI Isochronous Dual Channel Transmission technology reduces the chance of interference from other Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices.
Reason #3 : Powerful Kirin A1 Chipset
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 is powered by the Kirin A1 – the world’s first Bluetooth 5.1 SoC, which supports Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 as well.
With an industry-leading 365 MHz audio processor, it is powerful enough to simultaneously perform real-time noise cancellation for both earbuds, as well as real-time 3A call noise cancellation, with automatic echo cancellation (AEC), automatic gain control (AGC) and adaptive noise reduction (ANR) for the microphones!
Reason #4 : More Comfortable Fit
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 is the world’s first active noise cancelling Bluetooth earbuds with an open fit design. Because they won’t close up your ear canals, they are more comfortable to wear for long hours of use.
Its Dolphin Bionic Design is not just aesthetically-pleasing, it’s designed to ensure a more secure yet comfortable fit so you can run and jog without worry.
Reason #5 : Personalised Noise Cancellation
The open design is more complicated to handle because it lets more ambient noise leak in. To correct for that, HUAWEI generated 9 sets of noise reduction profiles, based on extensive research of real human ear canals of different ages, genders, ear sizes, etc.
This lets you optimise its active noise cancellation performance with a simple click in the HUAWEI AI Life app (available in Google Play Store and HUAWEI AppGallery). This gives it a leg up over its competitors that are based on standard ear models.
Reason #6 : Noise Reduction For Voice
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 reduce noise through two mechanisms. Its microphones are shielded by a wind noise reduction duct, so you can speak clearly even if you are running or cycling.
Whenever you speak, the FreeBuds 3 uses bone vibrations to distinguish your voice from background noise, ensuring you are clearly heard even in noisy environments.
Reason #7 : Super Fast Pairing!
Thanks to its support for Bluetooth 5.1, it connects much quicker to your smartphone than Bluetooth 5.0 earbuds like the Apple AirPods Pro.
It is also designed to automatically turn on and pair with your smartphone, whenever you open its charging case. It’s ready to use by the time you place it in your ears!
Finally, The FreeBuds 3 Is MUCH CHEAPER Than AirPods Pro!
The eight and final reason – the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) is MUCH CHEAPER than the AirPods Pro!
With a retail price of RM 679 / ~US$163 / £139.99 / ~A$239.99 / S$219, you will get a better pair of wireless earphones with lower latency and better active noise cancellation for both voice and audio… at a steep discount!
So head over to the nearest HUAWEI store to try out the FreeBuds 3, and see for yourself why it’s a better alternative to the AirPods Pro!
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 (MY | SG | UK) is available in two colour options – Carbon Black and Ceramic White, and you can purchase it directly from HUAWEI Malaysia here! For more information, see HUAWEI’s FB post!
Here are some online purchase links, with prices accurate as of 1 December 2019 :
One More Thing…
HUAWEI Malaysia recently announced that they are giving every HUAWEI Mate 30 / Mate 30 Pro user 3 MONTHS of FREE 50 GB cloud storage!
Here are the steps to claim this free offer :
- Log into your Malaysia HUAWEI ID on your HUAWEI Mate 30 / Mate 30 Pro smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Account > Cloud > Upgrade Your Cloud Storage
- Select Claim 50 GB (valid for 3 months only)
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 : Superior ANC For Voice + Audio!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Roadshow Deals Revealed!
- HUAWEI Y9s vs HONOR 9X Comparison : 48 MP vs 48 MP!
- HUAWEI Y9s Price, Specifications + Offer for Malaysia!
- HUAWEI X GENTLE MONSTER Eyewear : The Full Details!
- HUAWEI WiFi Q2 Pro : What Does This WiFi Router Offer?
- 5 Ways How HUAWEI Smart Life Devices Boost Productivity!
- Experience Life of the Future with HUAWEI Smart Life Devices!
- The HUAWEI Mate 30 | Mate 30 Pro Referral Program Guide!
- How HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro Captures 7680 FPS Video!
- HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 + Other Wearables Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI Phone Clone : Foolproof Way To Bypass Trump Ban?
- The HUAWEI 7680 FPS + ISO 25600 Video Showcase!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Colour Comparison!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 + Mate 30 Pro Price + Deals For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 + Other Wearables Price In Malaysia!
- New HUAWEI P30 Pro Misty Lavender Available NOW!
- New HUAWEI P30 Pro Mystic Blue Available NOW!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Rewards Guide For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro – 4G vs 5G Price + Specifications!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Price, Specifications + Colour Options!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Rewards Guide For Malaysia!
- Forbes Is SHOCKED That HUAWEI P30 Pro Got New Colours!
- 5 Reasons To Buy HUAWEI nova 5T Tomorrow For RM1,599!
- HUAWEI nova 5T – Flagship Performance With 5 AI Cameras!
- HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite Price + Pre-Order For Malaysia!
- HUAWEI nova 5T Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Confirmed!
- The HUAWEI nova 5T Preview – 5 Cameras FTW!
- HUAWEI nova 5T : Global Debut @ KL Fashion Week 2019!
- HUAWEI EMUI 10 – Everything You Need To Know!
- The Mid-2019 HUAWEI Price Cut Details + Analysis
- EMUI 9.1 : What’s New + How To Get This New Mobile OS!
- The HUAWEI No Worries Promotion + Redemption Details!
- HUAWEI Sold 10 MILLION P30 Smartphones In 85 Days!
- The PRO Mode Photography Guide For HUAWEI P30 Series!
- Win $20K + HUAWEI P30 Pro In These Photography Contests!
- How The P30 Leica Camera Rewrites The Rules Of Photography!
Go Back To > Mobile + Wearables | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!