Fitbit Sense is said to be the most advanced health smartwatch in 2020, featuring the world’s first EDA sensor in a smartwatch!
Find out what else is new about the Fitbit Sense, its key features, as well as its price and availability!
Fitbit Sense : World’s Most Advanced Health Smartwatch?
Unveiled today, 26 August 2020, the Fitbit Sense introduced the world’s first electrodermal activity (EDA) sensor in a smartwatch, to help manage stress.
On top of that, it comes with advanced heart rate tracking technology, a new ECG app and an on-wrist skin temperature sensor.
Electrodermal Activity (EDA) Sensor
The new EDA sensor in Fitbit Sense measures electrodermal activity responses, just by placing your palm over the watch face.
Measuring your EDA responses using the EDA Scan app can help you understand your body’s response to stressors, and help you manage stress.
You can also pair it with guided mindfulness sessions in the Fitbit app to see how your body’s EDA responses change with meditation and relaxation.
Track your EDA responses on a graph on-device, as well as in the mobile app, to gauge your progress over time.
Fitbit Stress Management Score
Fitbit is also introducing a new Stress Management Score, which is available in the new stress management tile in the Fitbit Sense.
Your Fitbit Sense can calculate how your body is responding to stress based on heart rate, sleep, and activity level data, giving you a Stress Management Score ranging from 1-100.
A higher score would indicate that your body is showing fewer physical signs fo stress. Fitbit Premium members will get a detailed breakdown on how the score is calculated based on over 10 biometric input :
- exertion balance (impact of activity),
- responsiveness (heart rate, heart rate variability and electrodermal activity), and
- sleep patterns (sleep quality)
Improved Heart Care Technologies
Fitbit Sense is their first smartwatch to feature an ECG app to assess your heart rhythm for signs of atrial fibrillation – a condition that affects more than 33.5 million people globally.
Simply hold your fingers on the corners of the stainless steel ring around the watch, and hold still for 30 seconds!
Fitbit Sense also comes with PurePulse 2.0 technology, with an all-new multi-path heart rate sensor, and updated algorithm.
This improved heart rate technology powers other critical heart health features like personalised, on-device high and low heart rate notifications.
With 24/7 continuous heart rate tracking, Fitbit Sense can detect and send a notification if your heart rate falls outside normal thresholds.
Design + Build
The Fitbit Sense are built to last, using aerospace-grade aluminium and stainless steel for that polished, high-tech look, and water resistance – at up to 50 meters.
It comes with a larger AMOLED display, which not only has a higher resolution but is also more responsive. It also comes with an integrated ambient light sensor to automatically dim the display for easier viewing in low light.
The Sense will last over 6 days on a single charge, with a new magnetic charger that is cross-compatible with the Fitbit Versa 3. A quick 12 minute charge will provide you with a full day of use.
Every Fitbit Sense will come with 6 months of access to Fitbit Premium, which unlocks deeper analysis of your data and more personalised insights.
It also delivers advanced sleep tools, hundreds of workouts from brands like Aaptiv, barre3, Daily Burn, Down Dog, as well as trainers and influencers like Ayesha Curry, Charlee Atkins and Harley Pasternak.
Also launching today in the US is Fitbit Premium + Health Coaching, a new virtual one-on-one coaching service that gives you access to a certified health professional and a personalised plan using your Fitbit data – all through the Fitbit app.
You will have unlimited check-ins with your coach, a personalised action plan to help you stay on track, as well as all the benefits of Fitbit Premium.
Fitbit Sense : Price + Availability
The Fitbit Sense is available for pre-orders starting today (26 August 2020), with worldwide availability in October 2020.
It will be offered in two colour options – carbon / graphite stainless steel, and lunar white / soft gold stainless steel, at these price points :
- United States : $329 (Carbon | Lunar White)
- Canada : $429.95
- Mexico : $9,499
- Europe : €329.95
- United Kingdom : £299.99 (Carbon | Lunar White)
- Australia : A$499.95 (Carbon | Lunar White)
- New Zealand : $579.95
- Japan : ¥39,990
- India : ₹33,999
- Hong Kong : HK$2,680
- Singapore : S$488
- Malaysia : RM 1,498
Every Fitbit Sense will come with six months of Fitbit Premium, which can be extended after that here in Malaysia for RM39 per month or RM335 per year.
In the United States, Fitbit Premium is available for $9.99 per month, or $79.99 per year. Fitbit Premium + Health Coaching is also available in the US for $54.99 per month.
- Fitbit Inspire 2 : Fitness Tracker With 10 Day Battery Life!
- Fitbit Versa 3 : Now With GPS + Active Zone Minutes!
- Snapdragon 865 Plus vs Exynos 990 Performance Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra : An Early Review!
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Malaysia Launch + Trade-Up Deals!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: Malaysia Launch + Trade-Up Deals!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 | Note 20 Ultra Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Special Edition Unboxed!
- HUAWEI Malaysia : Repair + Warranty Deals (Limited Time)
- TikTok + ByteDance Ban By Donald Trump Explained!
- WeChat + Tencent Holdings Ban By Donald Trump Explained!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : Hands-On Preview!
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 : Malaysia Price + Pre-Order Deal!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 | Note20 Ultra : Colour Comparison!
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra : All Colour Options Compared!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : All Colour Options Compared!
- HONOR MagicWatch 2 Flax Brown Price + Availability!
- HONOR MagicWatch 2 : Features, Price + Availability!
- HUAWEI X GENTLE MONSTER Eyewear : The Full Details!
- Experience Life of the Future with HUAWEI Smart Life Devices!
- Samsung – IBM AI IoT Cloud Platform For 5G Mobile Solutions!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!