The ASUS ROG Phone - Everything You Need To Know!
ASUS just revealed the long-awaited ROG Phone – arguably the world’s first smartphone designed specifically for mobile gaming. Here is everything you need to know about the ROG Phone – the official tech briefing, its key features and specifications… and its price list and pre-order deals!
The ASUS ROG Phone Revealed!
Powered by specially speed-binned 2.96 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoCs, the new ROG Phone boasts a unique GameCool vapor-chamber cooling system, with a detachable AeroActive Cooler for an extra cooling boost. This ensures that the ROG Phone can sustain hours of non-stop mobile gaming without burning your fingers!
It also boasts a top-of-the-line AMOLED display with a blazing 90 Hz refresh rate and a 1 ms response time to ensure a blur-free gaming experience. On top of that, it is capable of delivering HDR visuals with a very wide colour gamut which is in excess of DCI-P3!
The ROG Phone includes gaming-centric features like unique side-mounted ports, and the enhanced, ultra-responsive game controls — including two programmable ultrasonic AirTriggers and advanced force-feedback haptics.
For greater gaming enjoyment, ASUS also create a range of expansion accessories :
- the TwinView Dock for dual-screen handheld mode;
- the Mobile Desktop Dock for desktop-style gaming; and
- the Gamevice controller with WiGig Dock using 60 GHz Wi-Fi for big-screen gaming.
ASUS ROG Phone Specifications
|Specifications||ASUS ROG Phone|
|Display||6.0-inch AMOLED display
- 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 550 nits brightness, 108.6% DCI-P2 colour gamut
- 90 Hz refresh rate, 1 ms response time
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 6|
|Operating System||Android Oreo 8.1|
|Platform||Specially-binned Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Processor||8 x Qualcomm Kyro 385 cores (2.96 GHz)|
|Graphics Processor||Qualcomm Adreno 630|
|Memory||8 GB LPDDR4X memory|
|Storage||128 GB or 512 GB internal flash storage (UFS 2.1)
NO microSD card slot
|Front Camera||8 MP sensor with f/2.0 lens|
|Main Rear Camera||12 MP Sony IMX363 sensor with f/1.7 lens
- 4-axis, 4-stops optical image stabilisation (OIS)
- Dual Pixel with PDAF capability
|Secondary Rear Camera||120° wide-angle camera|
|Connectivity||4G : LTE Cat13 UL (150 Mbps), Cat18 DL (1.26 Gbps)
WiFi : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)
Bluetooth : BT v5.0
|SIM Capability||Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G capable on both nano SIM cards
|Audio||Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers
- with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifiers
- supports Hi-Res Audio and DTS:X Ultra
|GPS||GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo / QZSS|
- supports 30 W fast charging
|Dimenions||76.16 mm wide
158.83 mm tall
8.3 mm thick
The ASUS ROG Phone Price + Pre-Order Deals Revealed!
In this video, Leo Tseng, Country Manager of ASUS Malaysia, reveals the ASUS ROG Phone price list and pre-order deals!
Here are the official ASUS ROG Phone price list, including its accessories :
- ROG Phone (128 GB) : RM 3,499 / ~US$ 875
- ROG Phone (512 GB) : RM 3,999 / ~US$ 1,000
- ROG Phone Case : RM 199 / ~US$ 50
- ASUS Professional Dock : RM 299 / ~US$ 50
- Gamevice for ROG Phone : RM 349 / ~US$ 75
- Mobile Desktop Dock : RM 599 / ~US$ 150
- ROG Suitcase : RM 599 / ~US$ 150
- ASUS WiGig Display Dock : RM 899 / ~US$ 225
- TwinView Dock : RM 999 / ~US$ 250
The ROG Phone is available for pre-order from 22 October to 4 November 2018. Its accessories will only be available in November.
Next Page > ASUS ROG Phone Key Features + Accessories
Support Tech ARP!