Canadian general Trevor Cadieu, who was allegedly captured by Russia, is on the way back to face sexual assault charges in Canada!
Find out what the heck is going on!
Claim : Russia Captured Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal!
Pro-Russian websites, Chinese netizens and the Chinese 50 Cent Army (wumao, 五毛) have claimed since May 2022 that Russia captured Canadian Lieutenant General Trevor John Cadieu when he tried to escape from the Azovstal metalworks in Mariupol, Ukraine.
This Chinese example even claimed that NATO lost 5-6 helicopters and a ship trying to get General Cadieu out of Azovstal.
Canadian General Cadieu “Captured” By Russia Is OTW Back!
Despite debunking it several times, both Russian and Chinese supporters continue to push the claims, even after Azovstal fell on 16 May 2022, and General Cadieu was nowhere to be found.
- Was Captured Canadian General In Charge Of NATO Biolab?!
- Did Russia Capture Canadian General Cadieu In Azovstal?!
- Was Canadian General Trevor Kadier Arrested At Azovstal?!
Russian and Chinese propaganda shifted course, claiming that General Cadieu was likely being held by Moscow as a bargaining chip, or being interrogated for his knowledge of Ukrainian and NATO plans to invade Russia.
There are a couple of problems with those claims :
- In mid October 2021, Lieutenant General Trevor Cadieu was accused of sexual assault that he allegedly committed as a cadet in 1994.
- He resigned and left the Canadian armed forces on 5 April 2022, after his appointment to head the Canadian army was derailed by those sexual assault charges.
- He only left for Ukraine in April 2022 – weeks after Azovstal was surrounded by Russian forces. So it would have been impossible for him to be captured in Azovstal.
Now even their new claims are being proven false.
The months-long investigation into those sexual assault charges was completed, and he was formally charged with sexual assault on 15 June 2022.
According to the Ottawa Citizen, General Cadieu was informed of the charges, and he indicated in an email from Ukraine that he was “making arrangements to return to Canada from Ukraine“.
Yet again – Russian and Chinese propaganda have proven to be false.
Not only is former General Trevor Cadieu still not captured by Russian forces, he is arranging to return to Canada to face two sexual assault charges.
No NATO soldiers or generals were caught fighting in Ukraine, because there are no NATO soldiers or officers in Ukraine.
All NATO forces that were helping to train Ukrainian soldiers were pulled out before the Russian invasion began.
Russia is having trouble defeating Ukraine because it has a shitty army, not because thousands of NATO soldiers and officers are fighting with the Ukrainians.
No amount of fake news will change the fact that over 30 thousand Russian soldiers have been killed by the Ukrainians – twice as many Russia lost in their invasion of Afghanistan.
No amount of fake news will also change the fact that Russia lost over 1,500 tanks, and over 3,700 armoured fighting vehicles, as of 3 July 2022.
The Russian “special operation” is bogged down by tenacious Ukrainian defences, with nary a NATO soldier or officer in sight. Just a lot of NATO supplied weapons.
If NATO was truly involved, they would have rolled the piss-poor Russian army back into Russia. Instead, the Russian invasion of Ukraine has now stagnated into a slow artillery siege of the Donbas region.
Variants of this FAKE NEWS are now being shared in pro-Russia and pro-CCP websites and groups.
Please help us FIGHT FAKE NEWS by sharing this fact check article out!
- US Mil Contractor Admits Selling Aviation Secrets To China!
- Why Crashed Osprey Did Not Have Nuclear Material Onboard!
- Chinese J-16 Fighter Fired Flares, Chaff At Australian Plane!
- Chinese DTC10-125 Anti-Tank Ammo Leaked In Game Forum!
- Did Russia Shoot Down NATO Jets + Helicopters In Ukraine?!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Military | Tech ARP