MKN just clarified this controversy – there is NO NEED to update your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera every day!
Not only for the public, but also factory workers! Here are the details!
Update MySejahtera Daily, Or Get Fined?
For several days now, people were sharing a WhatsApp message about updating MySejahtera every alternate day to avoid a RM1,000 fine.
Things ratcheted up when they started sharing a video of a police press conference, with a new warning – update MySejahtera every day, or face a RM2,000 fine!
No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
We fact-checked the claims yesterday, noting that updating our COVID-19 status in MySejahtera isn’t even required in the General COVID-19 SOP or even the Manufacturing SOP.
But we still get people questioning our fact-check, so here is DEFINITIVE CONFIRMATION on this controversy. Please read this and STOP SHARING FAKE NEWS!
No Requirement To Update MySejahtera Every Day!
The Director General of the National Security Council (MKN) Mohd Rabin bin Basir confirmed that there is no requirement to update your COVID-19 status in MySejahtera every day.
It is not in the General COVID-19 SOP, and as we explained in our fact-check, it’s not even in the Manufacturing SOP.
In fact, the latest 31 May 2021 Manufacturing SOP only required daily COVID-19 status updates for workers who were found to be COVID-19 positive, or close contacts.
Only Update MySejahtera In Certain Situations
He confirmed this with Raja Zawawi from the Ministry of Health, who said that only those who experienced symptoms or travelled overseas should take the COVID-19 survey to update their status in MySejahtera.
Based on the questions, you only need to retake the COVID-19 survey test, and update your status in MySejahtera if :
- you experienced symptoms like cough, breathing difficulty, loss of smell, loss of taste
- attended events or went to a location associated with a COVID-19 cluster
- travelled overseas before experiencing symptoms
- been in close contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases before experiencing symptoms
- been a MOH COVID-19 volunteer in the last 14 days
Factory Fines To Be Cancelled
The Director General of MKN “advised” the Manjung Police to “take appropriate action and request that the District Health Office cancel the fine“.
- RM2K Fine For Not Updating MySejahtera Status Every Day?
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- Did New York Times Rank Chinese Vaccines As World Safest?
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- New MySejahtera Vaccine Appointment Feature For Seniors?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 4 June 2021 Edition!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- Did GSK “Accidentally” Make COVID-19 In Wuhan Lab?
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- MySejahtera : How To Delete / Migrate Vaccine Dependent?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents : Can They Go Alone?
- Did Dr. Joey Avila Die From COVID-19 After Sinovac Dose 2?
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- Vaccine Underdose : What Should You Watch Out For?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
Go Back To > Fact Check | Software | Home