Is it true that statistics have proven that COVID-19 isn’t really dangerous?
Take a look at the new viral COVID-19 message, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Statistics Prove That COVID-19 Not Dangerous?
There are two versions of the new “statistics prove that COVID-19 is not dangerous” viral message.
One crafted with a pro China viewpoint, and the other with an anti-vaccination viewpoint. If you have seen them, just skip to the bottom for the facts.
Pro China Version
Anti Vaccination Version
Facts : Misleading Statistics, COVID-19 Is Dangerous!
This is yet another piece of FAKE NEWS, using statistics to fool you into thinking that COVID-19 is not dangerous.
Here is what you need to know about these statistics…
Fact #1 : The Statistics Are Not Accurate
The statistics quoted in the viral messages are not accurate. For example :
- 1.2 million people died from tuberculosis in 2019 (WHO)
- WHO has yet to release their report on how many people died from tuberculosis in 2020
It is also odd that the fake news creator quoted deaths in the last 3 months of 2020, when health authorities generally release mortality data annually.
It’s as if the fake news creator is trying to scare people…
Fact #2 : Statistics Don’t Matter If You Compare Apple To Orange
The fake news creator threw out so many numbers to confuse you. They are also irrelevant because they are comparing completely different things.
For example, COVID-19 is an highly-infectious disease, but cancer is not. Your friends can give you COVID-19, but not cancer.
Similarly, you can infect your elderly parents with COVID-19, but you cannot infect them with the “need” to speed and run red lights.
So don’t fall for this fake equivalence. Dying from COVID-19 is avoidable – all you have to do is get vaccinated. It’s that simple!
Fact #3 : Excess Mortality Shows COVID-19 Effect On Deaths
One way to see the “effect” of COVID-19 on the natural death rate from the usual diseases that kill us is to look at Excess Mortality.
As you can see, the United States suffered approximately 360,000 extra deaths from 26 January to 3 October 2020 than the 5-year average (2015 to 2019).
That excess mortality gives you an idea of how dangerous COVID-19 really is.
Fact #4 : COVID-19 Mortality Increases When Hospitals Are Overloaded
The mortality rate of COVID-19 varies widely from 0.25% to 10%, with an average of about 2.2% (as of 11 June 2021).
That’s because COVID-19 mortality rate is highly dependent on whether people who suffer from moderate to severe disease have access to medical treatment, including ICUs and respirators.
The mortality rate quickly ramps up when hospitals run out of ICUs, respirators and/or oxygen supply. That was what happened when hospitals in India were overwhelmed by a massive surge of COVID-19 cases.
If all 7.674 billion people in the world gets infected with COVID-19, the mortality rate will likely reach 10% because there are simply not enough hospitals, ICUs and respirators.
That will mean that at least 767 MILLION people will die – everyone of them someone’s father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter.
That’s why lockdowns and vaccines are needed to break the chain of infection, and prevent the overloading of hospitals.
Fact #5 : COVID-19 Originated In China
Despite what Sinophiles and China have suggested, COVID-19 originated in China. This is a statement of fact, not an invitation to blame China or the Chinese people.
It is therefore wrong for anyone to suggest that the COVID-19 pandemic was planned in order to discredit China, or take over companies, or any such nonsense.
Fact #6 : Sleep + Deep Breathing Won’t Prevent COVID-19
The suggestion that getting enough sleep and plenty of deep breathing will prevent COVID-19 is not only utter nonsense, it’s dangerous advice.
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, which is highly-contagious. It is also a completely new virus, so our bodies have NO DEFENCES against it.
Homeopathy, Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine also DO NOT WORK against COVID-19, as of 11 June 2021.
That’s why it is important to get vaccinated – COVID-19 vaccines are currently the only PROVEN WAY to protect ourselves against COVID-19.
- Will Anaesthetic Kill Those Vaccinated Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By Singapore Doctor?
- Fact Check : CDC Advice On Avoiding COVID-19 Infection?
- India Drops Ivermectin, HCQ + Favipiravir As COVID-19 Drugs!
- When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- Did New York Times Rank Chinese Vaccines As World Safest?
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- New MySejahtera Vaccine Appointment Feature For Seniors?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 4 June 2021 Edition!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP