Sophos has just released their global report – Exposed: Cyberattacks on Cloud Honeypots with very alarming findings for servers worldwide! Get the full details and find out what this means for your business and IT operations!
Cyberattacks On Cloud Honeypots
A cloud honeypot is a cloud-based system set up to resemble targets of cybercriminals. When attached, they enable security experts to study the cyberattacks.
During the course of the study, Sophos had set up honeypots in 10 most popular Amazon Web Services (AWS) centers in the world like :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Sao Paolo
Cyberattacks On Cloud Honeypots Report Findings
During the 30 day period, Sophos reported:
- A cloud honeypot that was set up in Brazil was attacked a mere 52 seconds after it went live.
- Cloud servers were attacked an average 13 times per minute.
- More than 5 million attacks were attempted on the network of honeypots in the 30 day period
This data sends a very chilling warning to every company worldwide of the real danger cyberattackers/cybercriminals present.
Cybercriminals are constantly scanning for weak and vulnerable open cloud buckets. They are the points of entry into servers or other networks.
“The Sophos report, Exposed: Cyberattacks on Cloud Honeypots, identifies the threats organizations migrating to hybrid and all-cloud platforms face.
The aggressive speed and scale of attacks on the honeypots shows how relentlessly persistent cybercriminals are and indicates they are using botnets to target an organization’s cloud platforms.
In some instances, it may be a human attacker, but regardless, companies need a security strategy to protect what they are putting into the cloud,” said Matthew Boddy, security specialist, Sophos.
“The issue of visibility and security in cloud platforms is a big business challenge, and with increased migration to the cloud, we see this continuing.”
- How To Deal With The Momo Challenge + Hype!
- Sophos Mobile Security Now Integrates With Microsoft Intune!
- Maxis And Celcom Tops 2019 Opensignal Report!
- The 2019 Kaspersky ICS CERT Report + Recommendations!
- 2019 Symantec Internet Security Threat Report Highlights!
- 2019 Global CX Report Identifies Severe CX Risks In APAC!
- The Microsoft-IDC Report On AI Growth Potential For Malaysia
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!